Best budget tire for 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE

I have a 06 Nissan Pathfinder SE and need to replace the tires soon. They are 265/70/R16 and I don't have much money to spend. What's the best choice for budget, ride, and extra fuel mileage?

Snow? Off road? I think you need to be a little more precise describing what you want from your tires. Krzys

Sorry I'm not too specific I just need a basic all season tire I might drive out in a field or something but nothing crazy I mainly just use the vehicle for deliveries I only paid 800 for it so I don't want to put much into it. It rarely snows here. I was wondering what brands of Chinese tires are actually good I've had bad luck in the past with them. I can only spend at the most 100 each for them. Thanks for your responses.

I see a lot of Walmart Dextero DHT2 tires on trucks in my work parking lot. They don't look bad and the walmart reviews are not bad either.

wdn

I can name some you could look at that are cheap and OK. Kumho Crugen HT51 at Pep Boys $463 including $50 mail in rebate. Cooper Discoverer AT, $508 installed at Walmart. You have to add in your state sales tax if any to that.

wdn

Milestar Grantland are $407.88 installed at Walmart. Now we are talking Chinese, that wont get you killed. You can't get cheaper than that in your tire size for new tires. I am surprised they can even go that cheap. With that budget I would scour Craigslist for used tires too.

245/75-16 was also an option on Pathfinders that year and will fit fine, if you can find a good deal with that size too. A little narrower but more sidewall, so same overall diameter.

Milestar Grantland or Patagonia, or look for special deals at NTB and Discount Tire, recently expanding in NC. Westlake A/T tires are carried by both Walmart and Discount Tire.

CKN

Originally Posted by wdn
Milestar Grantland are $407.88 installed at Walmart. Now we are talking Chinese, that wont get you killed. You can't get cheaper than that in your tire size for new tires. I am surprised they can even go that cheap. With that budget I would scour Craigslist for used tires too.
These^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ MileStar is one of the very few decent Chinese brands. I know Patagonia tires are very popular on off-roading forums.

Last edited: