Bench bleeding kits for master cylinders

I was checking out some kits for bench bleeding a Chevy truck master cylinder with metric fittings. There are kits around such as Dorman kits with up to 10 different plastic fittings , but only one fitting each size. Seems rather silly since brake fluid comes squirting out both ports while pushing on the end of the brake seal assembly. Has anyone come across a metric kit with two identical fittings included? And no, I don’t want to buy two over-priced kits. Thanks.

Last edited:
Just make a pair from nicopp line and 2 fittings, all of 10 min or buy 2 short pieces with fittings and bend them into the shape you want.
That's what I did this summer. I had extra fittings for the lines I was repairing. I took old pieces of the lines that weren't too bad and flared and bent then and added the fittings. Had to go home depot to get some clear hose to submerse in the fluid.

Well, my master cylinder arrived. Its an AC Delco Professional. The only thing provided where two plastic screw in blanking plugs and a rather lame description on how to bleed it using the two blanking plugs. Attached are the instructions. I also ordered a bleeding kit just in case. (it hasn't arrived yet.) Here is a copy of the instructions. After looking at them I decided to wait until bleeder kit arrives.
Also show is a photo of the master cylinder and the grey blanking plugs. Thanks for everyone's interest. Funny they didn’t ship screw-in crossovers to tubes. Would have been much better.

84548506-207E-4623-BD35-B161A4C6E54D.jpegD2A40637-6437-4899-B69D-BA186B9E7021.jpeg

Attachments

• Master Cylinder.pdf
    964.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Get a brake syringe, they're not that expensive and no worries about thread sizes. Or if you're cheap, use your fingers, messy though.

Now for the rest of the story. Ran out of time and wanted the Burb back on the road so I used the poor boy technique and bench bled the master cylinder using the plugs provided. The bleeding kit did not arrive yet and was scheduled for next week.

I don’t think bleeding with the blanks did an effective job but I put the master cylinder on and used my pressure bleeder to bleed the system. A goodly amount of air came out of the system and I found I needed to push the peddle to the floor to get the last of the bubbles out. Anyway I pushed a lot of brake fluid through at just under 10 psi and went through the sequence at all four corners several times. All done. Good and firm.

67D676F8-7E53-4F85-B15D-D759CA95963D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back