Beck Arnley Brake Pads FMSI Materials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking to buy some new Brake pads for my Tacoma truck most of the time I use OEM Toyota branded front pads, thru a little research Ive found out the ADVICS AD0976 pads are the same as TOYOTA OEM 04465-AZ100(minus the shims) and Beck Arnley 089-1678 should be the same as those pads. I contacted Beck Arnley thru AMAAZON.co and asked for the FSMI code for the BA pads just got from them its >D976-7877, ran a GOOGLE search and this FMSI code does match up as being the same as ADVICS AD0976 pads my question is having the exact same FMSI codes is that a smoking Gun that the Beck Arnley pads are one and the same as the ADVICs and Toyota OEM pads at half their cost at ROCKAUTO or AMAZON?? Or am I possible missing something Ive read here that the BA and OEM materials are different, to throw in another loop SUMMIT racing has these BA 089-1678 listed as an ORGANIC material and lists their FMSI for them as D974A?? whose right BA or SUMMIT racing listing?

Yes, they are same OEM manufacturer pads reboxed in the Beck Arnley Box at a fraction of the price. I had ordered front pads for a 00' ES300, inside were Advics w/ shims. Another instance, I ordered 15' RX350 rear pads and were Akebono's in the box. Manufacturers do vary time to time but what you get in the box should be any one of the OEM manufacturers listed in the description on RockAuto. Check out this video.

Beck/Arnley 089 Brake Pads YouTube Video

I purchased those BA pads for my Toyota truck from Rockauto and received Sangsin brand pads. You never for sure what you'll get until the box arrives. Quality is fine, but beware you may not receive advics.

Beck Arnley is just an importer not a manufacturer. Their supplier can change at any time and they may have multiples at the same time.

Originally Posted by drtyler
I purchased those BA pads for my Toyota truck from Rockauto and received Sangsin brand pads. You never for sure what you'll get until the box arrives. Quality is fine, but beware you may not receive advics.
I could order them from AMAZON they have free shipping and returns on that model 089-1678 at $37 so if they aren't what I was expecting I can send them back free of charge(shipping cost) Rockauto would be $35 no free return shipping

Originally Posted by NASTI
Yes, they are same OEM manufacturer pads reboxed in the Beck Arnley Box at a fraction of the price. I had ordered front pads for a 00' ES300, inside were Advics w/ shims. Another instance, I ordered 15' RX350 rear pads and were Akebono's in the box. Manufacturers do vary time to time but what you get in the box should be any one of the OEM manufacturers listed in the description on RockAuto. Check out this video.

Beck/Arnley 089 Brake Pads YouTube Video
this is what I was hoping getting the ADVICS premium ceramic pads for less than $40 thru BA, the Toyota OEM version are $55 to $89 plus youll have to buy new shims for $30, the BA pads come with new shims and grease if they are the same pad composition as the ADVICS would be a big winner for the money.

Last edited:
My purchase from RockAuto was fairly recent. The info line from B/A and Rockauto states pad mfg to be Sumitomo, Advics, or Sangsin. If you want the Advics brand pads, you may be better off just ordering them from Rockauto at $44 plus shipping or Amazon at $50 with free shipping.

I prefer the OE Toyota 04465-35290 (Sumitomo) pads myself over any of the aftermarket ones that I've tried.

Originally Posted by drtyler
My purchase from RockAuto was fairly recent. The info line from B/A and Rockauto states pad mfg to be Sumitomo, Advics, or Sangsin. If you want the Advics brand pads, you may be better off just ordering them from Rockauto at $44 plus shipping or Amazon at $50 with free shipping.

I prefer the OE Toyota 04465-35290 (Sumitomo) pads myself over any of the aftermarket ones that I've tried.
thanks ill look at the SUMITOMOs I have already used the Toyota 04465-AZ001 TM they are the same thing as Akebono Pro Act 976 and lasted along time with zero dust, and came with new shims and grease, they have been superceded by 04465-AZ100 no shims, which are ADVICS AD0976 premium ceramic which are the ones I thought Beck Arnley were selling as 089-1678, it seems BA will sell whatever pads they have on hand that are OEM Suppliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back