Barrina led lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1

Hi Guys,

I saw Barrina Led light strips for the Garage on Amazon. Prices seem pretty reasonable.

There are Youtube reviews, but who knows how real world they are.

Does anyone here have them installed in your Garage? Are they ok during cold winter days? My Florescent bulbs have a hard time giving off good light whenever it's really cold out.

Any real world experience is appreciated.

Not sure about those, but I bought these and I'm pleased with them. No issues, even with the garage being ~25F.

I'm tempted to buy another set, put 2 more in the garage, and the other 2 in my utility room.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07LGTJQ2S?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I've bought 4ft LED tubes from Ebay . All in my house, shop & garage with no problems for years. $39 for a 10 pack. Light is bright, come on instantly in the cold, and the energy savings is incredible. Always get the ballast bypass ones, simple to rewire. You don't want to use the ballast as it just eats energy.

I have LED strip lights in my workshop. They're OK. Plug-in type so there's wires around which I hate.

Then I just bought 4 of these for my main garage and they're spectacular. 5000 lumen, 60watt (actual). Screws right into the bare bulb holder on the ceiling. No new fixture, no wiring. I like them far better than any of the LED strip lights I have.

Not cheap at $25 each, but I could have easily spent $25 just on a new fixture for each location. 3 year warranty too.

I got them at Menards, but I also see them at Rockler for $25. I assume Home Depot has something similar.

https://www.rockler.com/lumen-led-u...iz7W25wIVsxx9Ch0AQwfpEAUYASABEgIdj_D_BwE
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by JC1

Does anyone here have them installed in your Garage? Are they ok during cold winter days? My Florescent bulbs have a hard time giving off good light whenever it's really cold out.

I have the type shown here, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJBQ89...Y2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I replaced 2x 8ft tube lights in my garage with 4x4ft ones. Light is much brighter and whiter. Also zero of that start up flicker and more important that buzz that the old lights balast generates is gone! Much nicer to spend long time in the garage I need to add some more over my work tables.I think the ones OP asked about are going to be less bright as the Lumens is about half per 4ft.

I have these from Barrina. 5000k variant if I recall. Going on 3 years no problem in Minnesota. All piggy backed into light socket plug adapter. I wrench quite a bit in the garage and the lighting is great. No flicker. There is about a second delay from the flip of the switch.

I even plugged 1 into the garage door opener light.

[Linked Image]

Those screw in units that E365 mention looked pretty good to me. They aren't really too available, but Amazon has them in various outputs as apparently made by an outfit named ATM-LED. FWIW the ratings don't look so hot as them being rather failure prone.

Thanks Guys. For me I think I'm going to go with the Barinna. I'll get the 12 pack so I can throw 3 strips into my shed as well.

Thanks Guys. For me I think I'm going to go with the Barinna. I'll get the 12 pack so I can throw 3 strips into my shed as well.

I installed 24 of these in my mother in law's house (garage and unfinished basement). $60 for each pack of 8 of the 4' 4000K variety. They're great, very bright, no flicker, come on quick. No complaints especially for the price.

The only thing I'd advise is to go to your local hardware store and buy screws to replace the ones they provide for installing the mounts. The ones that come with them are Chinesium and the heads will strip easily even with generous pilot holes. Just pick up a few pouches or box of the same size and thread and they'll work much better.

jeff

Originally Posted by E365
I have LED strip lights in my workshop. They're OK. Plug-in type so there's wires around which I hate.

Then I just bought 4 of these for my main garage and they're spectacular. 5000 lumen, 60watt (actual). Screws right into the bare bulb holder on the ceiling. No new fixture, no wiring. I like them far better than any of the LED strip lights I have.

Not cheap at $25 each, but I could have easily spent $25 just on a new fixture for each location. 3 year warranty too.

I got them at Menards, but I also see them at Rockler for $25. I assume Home Depot has something similar.

[Linked Image]

Nice!

Originally Posted by E365

[Linked Image]

Nice! LEDs are great, I see Sams Club also sells a Honeywell 4 foot strip light.
I can see some very good purposes for places where a light like the above can be used.
Cost seems reasonable based on the alum heat sink = LED should last a long time, even though all LED are supposed to last for, like, ever. They dont because of poor engineering and design, meaning heat kills them over time and in some cases, last no longer or less then a regular filament light bulb.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by greenjp
I installed 24 of these in my mother in law's house (garage and unfinished basement). $60 for each pack of 8 of the 4' 4000K variety. They're great, very bright, no flicker, come on quick. No complaints especially for the price.

The only thing I'd advise is to go to your local hardware store and buy screws to replace the ones they provide for installing the mounts. The ones that come with them are Chinesium and the heads will strip easily even with generous pilot holes. Just pick up a few pouches or box of the same size and thread and they'll work much better.

jeff

Thanks for the tip Jeff. I have tons of screws in my garage already. I'll be sure to use those instead.

I installed the Barinna's in the Garage yesterday and Shed today. Decided to buy a 12 pack from Amazon.ca. Original price for 12 is $107 (CDN - $80.75 US). Then before checkout Amazon had some for sale in Damaged packaging for $77 CDN - $58 USD). Not a bad price for 12 bulbs plus all cords, clips etc. They said they would guarantee everything worked.

Got the Garage all installed in around an hour. Had to go to Home Depot to get a cover for my electrical box. Used better Screws for the clips. I wish they had some extra clips for the bulbs since 2 isn't enough on some of the lights. My Garage ceiling is not 100% flat, so the wavyness of the drywall shows.

These lights are so bright now. My wife freaked when she saw how bright it was. Now it will be great doing work in the garage. Even with the cold weather, there is no flicker and no issues with cold like there was with the flourescent and ballast setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back