Back Up Camera

I'm guessing the video quality will suck, but should be useful to prevent you from running over someone or smashing into something. i wouldn't bother with it myself.

Daughter bought one but her lazy husband hasn't installed it yet. Maybe when it cools off. When I moved from the Encore to the much less electronically enhanced Soul, the only two things that I had to have were Bluetooth and a backup camera.

I am not too sure how particular you are with regard to the specificity of the unit. I bought an absolute generic unit for 06 Sentra and other than the white balance, it does the job.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0167ZKAK6/ Currently not available but you can find a similar one.
I didn't want to mess with the wiring so got, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2T53ZR

Its been 3 years since its installed and no problems. I was expecting less than a year.

When I researched these backup cameras, I came to the conclusion that most have similar video quality. If you want a 'good' one, they hover around $500 mark.

I got a backup camera through Amazon a couple of years back for my now sold Ford E350 Super Duty cargo van. My brother, who is a whiz at car stereo and automotive wiring, installed it along with a rear view mirror with a built in compass, outside temperature display, and a monitor embedded.

The video was sharp and clear (better than my older factory installed cameras in my old GMC Sierra Denali pickup truck and even my 2016 Ford Explorer I had at the time). It cost a fair few dollars, but it made using that van a lot nicer until I sold it. The buyer, an electrician, appreciated it over the other vans he shopped enough to buy mine at the asking price.

I used a setup from Master Tailgaters on Amazon. FWIW. ...Ž

We have a new truck with the camera in the tailgate handle area and the issue with that is any time you have the tailgate down, like you bought 12 ft boards is that you lose the function of it in that position. I have 2 cars with the added LP frame cameras and while they are as good as a new car with factory installed its still a very good upgrade and doesn't look terrible

Back