They’re shouldn’t be any custom avatars. That function has been turned off.

We are talking about allowing a set of avatars, no decision has been made on that yet.

What I suspect you’re seeing: folks who reset their account right after the XenForo migration, and added an avatar as part of that reset. They are just now posting where you’ve seen them. I think the avatars aren’t new, just that the poster added it, and it hasn’t been used until now.

They’re shouldn’t be any custom avatars. That function has been turned off.

We are talking about allowing a set of avatars, no decision has been made on that yet.

What I suspect you’re seeing: folks who reset their account right after the XenForo migration, and added an avatar as part of that reset. They are just now posting where you’ve seen them. I think the avatars aren’t new, just that the poster added it, and it hasn’t been used until now.

Well just yesterday I saw two Avatars that looked like personal photos.

I agree that custom avatars enhance the look and enjoyment.

But every change is more work for Wayne, and he’s been spending a huge amount of time on members’ accounts and other transition issues.

Wayne works on BITOG for free. He has a real job. And a family. So, a bit of patience, and it’ll get sorted...

Honest question - why can't custom or personal avatars be allowed ? Only thing I can really think of against them is someone having an "inappropriate" one or trying to until someone sees it and reports it.

Honest question - why can't custom or personal avatars be allowed ? Only thing I can really think of against them is someone having an "inappropriate" one or trying to until someone sees it and reports it.
You’ve touched on the key issues. It’s a workload question, too, and by that I mean Wayne’s. It would be nice to have but we can’t get everything done immediately even if the site owner and admin were in favor....

I’ve seen some personal avatars as well. Could it be those members also belong to another forum that uses Xenforo and their avatars migrated over somehow?

I’ve seen some personal avatars as well. Could it be those members also belong to another forum that uses Xenforo and their avatars migrated over somehow?
That's exactly what happened. XF supports "Gravatars", which are centrally stored, so you'll get the avatar you have elsewhere.

Back