I see some folks have just random custom avatars. Is that even possible?
It shouldn’t be...

A future “nice to have” would be a set of avatars from which members could select.

But that’s down the priority list. A lot of account work is being done right now, and our intrepid admin is working long hours to straighten those issues out.

It shouldn’t be...

A future “nice to have” would be a set of avatars from which members could select.

But that’s down the priority list. A lot of account work is being done right now, and our intrepid admin is working long hours to straighten those issues out.
Yeah, certainly not a high priority, was just curious. I've 100% seen non standard avatars already. Not sure how they pulled that off.

We aren't allowing custom avatars. There was a control panel setting that imported them from another service, this has been disabled. When I see one, I remove it.

I hope this will be reconsidered, the style sheets rely heavily on avatars, for instance in forum list the OP's avatar is a big square and anything the user posted in has their avatar in a smaller square. Thus if one had a custom avatar it would be easy to see threads you had posted or replied to, as it is theres just a bunch of square boxes some of them oddly shaped because there is another square box on top of the first square box.

I am a moderator elsewhere and had my own forum (that was long ago) and the number of times I've had to deal with someone abusing an avatar are zero... So if that is actually being put forth as a reason not to allow them I've gotta say based on my experience it is not a concern.

I appreciate the perspective. Thanks. Way down on the list right now, but it's been discussed...

We aren't allowing custom avatars. There was a control panel setting that imported them from another service, this has been disabled. When I see one, I remove it.

Is there a setting to get rid of the black box in the profile? If no avatar, it would look better just to show just the username with no big black box.

Hmmmm, I was wondering where my nature's herb avatar had disappered to. Was surprised to see it rather than my veteran avatar. Continue on, nothing to see here.

Could I get the military veteran avatar back when you have time to do so. Thank you. Irishman

Back