At what point do I look into Lemon Law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagdriver727

Site Donor 2021
Located in FL for legal purposes.

Bought a 2019 Escape in May of '19. Had problems from day 1 with interior lights and keyless entry not functioning. Fixed that after about nine trips to the dealer. It then started losing coolant, they put a short block in it.

Somewhere in here the power liftgate stopped working properly.

1,000 miles later the CEL is on and car is running rough. Appears to be losing coolant again AND is burning oil. Dealer told me they couldn't look at it for two weeks and to keep driving it.

Car has 11k and 16 months on it as of today.

check Fla law, it does have some strict requirements as to what is covered but is also has a 24 month limit so you are 8 months from losing all legal recourse so either get on it with a purpose or forget it.

the CEL is on and car is running rough. Appears to be losing coolant again AND is burning oil. Dealer told me they couldn't look at it for two weeks and to keep driving it.
Call Ford's corporate number and ask them about this situation as well as the dealer's advice.

You do realize you can go to any Ford dealer, right ? I imagine there's more than (1) in Tallahassee.

I'd start looking at Lemon Law right now.
Check and see what the benchmarks are in Florida to qualify.
If you qualify, file.
If you don't, see how close you are to qualifying.
Having gone through it before, I'd say the sooner you file, the better off you will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back