Are these bearings real or counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6203-2NSE9...p;hash=item2626561604:g:efAAAOSwOTldpx0x

Need one for the serpentine belt idler pulley for my ZX2. I can get a new pulley for $15 but probably has a Chinese bearing so this made in Japan bearing for $5 is the way to go if it's real. Shipping alone cost them at least $2.50, then Ebay and Paypal fees another buck plus packing supplies etc. Can't imagine myself selling anything to make one dollar but what do I know. Any chance it's genuine from those here that have bought Nachi bearings?

There's a chance!

I pressed a $2 no-name ebay bearing into my F150 idler some seven years ago... granted, I don't drive it much.

Go for it. Real or fake, it'll be the best part of the car.
lol.gif

Seller has a 99.8% rating. I doubt they deal with counterfeit anything to get/maintain that rating.

Originally Posted by spasm3
Do you have a press to get the old one out and the the new one in?

Originally Posted by atikovi
Sure

Just measure how deep the bearing is seated in the pulley before you take the old one out, in order to keep the belt aligned.

Counterfeiting is usually done on well-known, esteemed brand names. I can't imagine someone counterfeiting Nachi brand bearings.

Originally Posted by Kestas
Counterfeiting is usually done on well-known, esteemed brand names. I can't imagine someone counterfeiting Nachi brand bearings.

Might want to learn a bit about Nachi bearings then.... Makes perfect sense that there could be counterfeits of them out there.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Just went off the number on the bearing, 6203, and searched it. Also measured it to confirm.

The 203FF is also a common number for the 6203. I replace them often enough that I know the number. I don't have time to order them so I am stuck with whatever parts house has it.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yep, just like Crosby in lifting and rigging kit

Crosby has his own style, but I do not really see anybody trying to counterfeit Crosby. Maybe Ovechkin though.

If the automotive item is being sold on Flea Bay, the odds increase 10 fold its counterfeit. I bought some "Toyota" oil filters from a very highly rated seller. Turned out to be counterfeit. If the parts are important to you, avoid Flea Bay and purchase locally or from the dealer. Flea Bay, despite their claims otherwise, does not seem to enforce penalties on sellers who sell counterfeit auto parts. Just my experience.

Might be the way to go. If it's a plastic pulley, be careful you don't crack it pressing old out or new in. Considering it's winter, it may help to warm the pulley up first.

Originally Posted by Dave9
Might be the way to go. If it's a plastic pulley, be careful you don't crack it pressing old out or new in. Considering it's winter, it may help to warm the pulley up first.

Warm the pulley, freeze the bearing overnight. Make sure you press only on the outer ring, not the inner race ring, or it will fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back