Anyone running only Malwarebytes for security

Status
Not open for further replies.
For many years I have been running Malwarebytes and ESET security on my Windows 10.

I see the latest Malwarebytes says it includes antivirus so I assume one can run it by itself without any additional security products.

I have lifetime Malwarebytes so that would be nice to no longer have to pay for security products.

I have it as well on Windows 10. However, I also have the built in Defender. From what I was told by someone who runs a repair shop, Defender is pretty darn good.... and it uses less computer resources.

Just my observation.

Defender coupled with malwarebytes is pretty stout. I shun Norton and all the rest of the big name anti-virus as I believe they are viruses themselves.

On my macs I have no virus software and occasionally run malwarebytes

I run nothing but Windows Defender on all my PCs. That and uBlock Origin and safe surfing and clicking has been working for years.

Running both Avast and Malwarebytes here. No problems after many years.
smile.gif

I just use Defender only. I have used Malware in the past and liked it.

I am on Windows 1903, Defender is now called Windows Security but is the same built-in MS Antivirus/Security program as Defender. I also have a lifetime license for MBAM Premium, both work great together. Other than a good dose of online common sense there is no need for anything else. I have MBAM set to never register in the Windows Action Center and have set exclusions for both MBAM and Windows Security. In Windows 10, third party AVs cause more problems than they will ever solve. Once in a while if I suspect anything might be wrong or just want a third opinion I will use the free ESET virus scan.

I run Avast free and maybe every 5-6 months I run a malwarebytes free scan and the free Microsoft safety scan that uploads each month. Been doing this for probably 20 years usually malware bytes finds nothing, but once about maybe 8-10 years ago I had a nasty browser highjacker called "claro search" and Avast and MS saftey scan could not get rid of it . This was back in Napster days and step son was downloading music. I suspect that the browser highjacker cam from file sharing on Napster. Looked like google but was not. "Malware bytes free" got rid of it. I have never ran the paid versions of antivirus or malwarebytes. The free versions have worked just fine.

Originally Posted by Jimmy9190
I am on Windows 1903, Defender is now called Windows Security but is the same built-in MS Antivirus/Security program as Defender. I also have a lifetime license for MBAM Premium, both work great together. Other than a good dose of online common sense there is no need for anything else. I have MBAM set to never register in the Windows Action Center and have set exclusions for both MBAM and Windows Security. In Windows 10, third party AVs cause more problems than they will ever solve. Once in a while if I suspect anything might be wrong or just want a third opinion I will use the free ESET virus scan.

I've had zero issues with third party AV's (ESET Endpoint on hundreds of workstations) with Windows 10
21.gif
It plays fine with the Security Centre.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

I've had zero issues with third party AV's (ESET Endpoint on hundreds of workstations) with Windows 10
21.gif
It plays fine with the Security Centre.

Eset has been a good stable antivirus for years, since Windows XP days... (2002-up, in my experience)

I guess I should say the free AV's cause more prooblems than they correct. Most paid or endpoint/pro AV's usually work well. I am not an endpoint user on my personal laptop. I used eset before. It works but is hard for me, an average joe computer user to figure it out. MS and MBAM work fine for me.

I guess I should say the free AV's cause more prooblems than they correct. Most paid or endpoint/pro AV's usually work well. I am not an endpoint user on my personal laptop. I used eset before. It works but is hard for me, an average joe computer user to figure it out. MS and MBAM work fine for me.

Yeah, some of the free AV's are bloated messes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back