Anyone have any comments on EVANS NPG COOLANT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done some reading on this stuff.

Any comments? I am confused on thier corporate literature however. They say that Evans is best used without a thermostat? Are they implying therefor and open-loop cooling system? Furthermore they claim that the engine will run much hotter without any predetonation concerns. The premise is that thier coolant operates in such way as to eliminate the "steam" spots in the engine block ramoant to conventional coolants. Royal Purples "Purple Ice" and Redline's "Water Wetter" products makes similar claims. I would assume a power loss on EFI engines as higher than designed temperatures would result in the ignition advance being retarded?

Thanks-

I have been using it for 16months and 20K miles with no problems. You still need a thermostat to regulate flow and temperature. You can run a hotter thermostat but like you said if you get to hot with a computer controlled vehicle it will be negative. You will need to move your fan temperature up in order to raise your engine temperature. It's true that you can run much hotter without pre-detonation because you won't have hot spots. This coolant is also good till you overhaul the engine. When working my diesel the fan doesn't kick in as easy as my buddy's truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back