Anyone ever order tires online at Wallyworld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

So 3 of 4 Coopers came today. Do they typically not send all 4 at once? The email I was sent was unclear as to what is going on,, and online help (i.e. chat) is non existent; at least from what I looked at.

I had a similar experience when I ordered my last set of Cooper tires from Wal-mart. Took another two days for the remaining tires to come in. The explanation I was offered was the tires came from two different locations on separate trucks.

I've ordered tires for my Dakota from Walmart. I got the confirmation they were in and went the next day to have them installed. Walked to a nearby Wendy's for lunch and by the time we finished they were done with the tires. No problems or complaints at all.

I had the same thing happen. Only 3 tires arrived at the store; 4th one was MIA. Turned out UPS lost it in transit.

It could be on another truck, like others said.

One time, the tire was at the store but they didn't scan it in, and it was in the warehouse

Last year, I ordered a set of Coopers, a set of Goodyears, and a single Starfire/Cooper (an inexpensive, but new spare tire) from Wal-Mart. All of the tires arrived quickly and together, from distribution centers within 150 miles of me. All of the tires were from recent production runs. The Cooper set was less than 2 months old.

I also ordered a set of tires from Simple Tire. They shipped out of New Jersey via FedEx, and only three of the four showed up. The fourth tire never arrived. It took Simple Tire a week to get a replacement fourth tire to me. The tires were not from recent production, and were nearly 2 years old. I sent the tires back. Was not impressed with Simple Tire.

I bought a set of Hankook Dynapro AT2s last fall through WalMart online. Had them delivered to my local store so I could pick them up and inspect them. All had matching date codes (though 9 months old - not a big deal), and I didn't have any issues with the transaction. Loaded them in the back of my truck and had them mounted at a local independent tire store that I trust.

Just to clarify, I had them shipped to my house, not th store. Probably should have had them shipped there and picked them up. I received 2 emails, the older of the 2 (the day the tires went out), shows delivery of all 4 using the Fed Ex tracking numbers.

Now the 2nd email I received yesterday states in the title: Some items have been delivered: COOPER EVOLUTION TOUR All-Season.

Thanks for your recent order. The below item has been delivered. If you ordered multiple items, they may be delivered separately. You can track the status of all your items in your account. After reviewing the details below, visit our Help Center if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team
Delivery details
Delivered To Tracking Information

Fedex tracking number:
​
Shipment Status

Item Qty Total
COOPER EVOLUTION TOUR All-Season 205/60R16 92H Tire
$63.42 1 $63.42

Items in this pack will arrive in separate shipments.

So, it almost reads like they delivered 1 tire ?? Or....this tire is on a separate truck. Just a poorly written email, I guess.

Last edited:
The only time all (4) tires are certain to be together is when they are in the warehouse Walmart uses. They could get separated anytime after that, including some getting missed at the pick-up (not that likely though). They're not "connected" in any way whatsoever in the delivery chain. Even when they're loaded on the final truck for delivery to your house, the loader isn't paying attention to "1 of 4", "2 of 4", and so on, looking to make sure there's (4) pieces somewhere. Ask the driver where the missing pieces are and they'll just shrug their shoulders. It it's not on his/her truck, there's nothing they can or will do. You'll probably get an "I'm sure it will show up tomorrow" comment though.

Originally Posted by mjk
So 3 of 4 Coopers came today. Do they typically not send all 4 at once? The email I was sent was unclear as to what is going on,, and online help (i.e. chat) is non existent; at least from what I looked at.

Same thing happened to me the one time I mail ordered 2 tires through Walmart online. Cheap, never heard of import tires. I received a message that they were in so I headed to the store for installation. One of the tire/lube employees searched for about 45min to find my 2 tires and finally found one of them in the store's main receiving area at the opposite end of the store as the tire & lube center. They ultimately grabbed the other from another customer's order that hadn't been picked up yet to make me whole and ordered that customer a replacement. That whole process took another 30-45min and needed management's approval. Then another hour or so for installation. At the end of the day, is saving $50 worth hours of hassle? As much as I like to save a buck, paying more for less hassle is worth it to me.

Yes I did and the tires came but it took a while for them to find them in store.

Walmart did not want to install at time because of lightning storm and worried about power outage/car stuck on lift. That led to a nightmare installation at a place called VIP Auto who messed everything up from tightening bolts(lost 4 driving), remounts because they did not clean rust on bead and leaking valve stems (never replaced but billed for).

That all being said I went to local indy this time (paid an extra $75) but not Walmart fault just part of chain of bad events.

Last edited:
The last 2 sets of tires I ordered through Walmart were actually shipped from NTB. Walmart was just the "middle man". The last set were 245/45-17 and 275/40-17. 1 pair was delivered a couple days after the other pair and I in fact noticed they came from 2 different locations in the shipping details.

I actually received the 4th tire today,, so all is well.

Question - how do you read the date of mfg code on a Cooper tire?

Thanks.

Never mind, Google is your best friend. this tire was made the 3rd week of this year, will check others later

Last edited:
Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3 when I had a VW GTI. Walmart also installed them and did a good job balancing them.

Glad your 4th tire eventually arrived, OP. I just ordered a set of Cooper A/T's from the Walmart website and I'm very happy with the tire and the price. I got them installed at Discount Tire, though, instead of the Auto Center at Walmart.

I just ordered 4 tires online from Walmart. They are in transit to a Walmart tire center where l plan on getting them installed and balanced for $15 each.
I will check the date code and return them if more than 9 months old.

Any other advice?

The total price including installation and balancing costs will be cheaper than the Tirerack cost without installation.

I would have purchased from TR or locally, but the deal from WM was too competitive to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back