Any Scooter Riders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm past riding heavy overpowered motorcycles but I still like to feel the wind and motion of two wheels. My ride is a Suzuki Burgman which can easily get over 85mph. I've taken several longish trips on it w/o any problems. Gets great mpg and is very versatile and competent on the road.

Any other shiftless riders here?

Originally Posted by Passport1

I'm past riding heavy overpowered motorcycles but I still like to feel the wind and motion of two wheels. My ride is a Suzuki Burgman which can easily get over 85mph. I've taken several longish trips on it w/o any problems. Gets great mpg and is very versatile and competent on the road.

I put 20,000 miles on my 2012 Burgman 400 ABS.

I ride my China-made battery/kick scooter all around my neighborhood for fun. Nothing gas powered, though.

I'm only posting to share that I like the wind in my hair without having to work out. I find it to be peaceful and sometimes thrilling, depending on what my goals for the ride are.

I've never ridden anything larger than 50 cc minibike in all my days, but I can imagine something smaller and less substantial, such as a scooter vs a larger bike, gives a bit more of a thrill, too. This is what I feel going down a hill at max throttle in my little electric scooter.

Scooters can be a lot of fun, and the better ones come close to matching a motorcycle's handling. What's not to love?

I ride my 50cc Piaggio Zip 2T the 3km to work everyday, it's not worth getting a bigger bike out for such a short trip, and the car loads up the engine with condensation in winter with such short runs. 50's are restricted here, but I've removed a few, gets off the mark well and will do 80kph, well over the around town speed limit of 50kph. Next step is an exhaust, but that will move the powerband up, and need roller weight changes and other things...it's going good enough for what I use it for.

Lots to love about my Burgman. Now where do I put my groceries?
smirk.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Cujet
Scooters can be a lot of fun, and the better ones come close to matching a motorcycle's handling. What's not to love?

Scooter riders not obeying traffic laws...

smirk.gif

[Linked Image]

What was the question again,loo

smirk.gif

[Linked Image]

Obviously those chicks are a couple because no dude is getting tail riding a scooter ...†

I've been tempted to trade my SV650 for a scooter of some sorts. Mainly because other people can use it. The motorcycle sits in the garage way too much. Just gotta see the cost.

I'm in the same boat as some others here. I would much rather fire up at scooter than a larger bike to run 3 or 4 miles for the errands that always come up. But I don't because scooters are made for a different crowd. I'm simply a really tall guy and scooters have even worse ergos for my knees not hitting the bars than full size motorcycles.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by Cujet

Scooter riders not obeying traffic laws...

I have 2...

Gilera Runner 50SP (sport production)...it goes 90km/h...its derestricted by me :p

And a Tomos Racing25.....detuned version which goes 25km/h.....will see what will be its top speed in a future
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by bowlofturtle
I've been tempted to trade my SV650 for a scooter of some sorts. Mainly because other people can use it. The motorcycle sits in the garage way too much. Just gotta see the cost.

After going from a Vino 125 to my SV650S, I also felt the same way.
Countless times with the bike I longed for the comfort and simplicity of a scooter.

...tho not enough to actually buy one.

My go-to favorite is my Sym Wolf 150. I ride it 80% of the time. I've put over 25,000 miles on it
I'm 75 yrs old and I find it light, nimble and very easy to handle. It'll run 60 mph and give me great gas mileage.

My friend, Tom, has a '97 soft-tail and we often ride together.
If we're stopped at a light and folks are crossing the street they'll look and smile at us ... many will say to me "nice bike" .

Used to have a Vespa GTS300. Put an Akra pipe and Michelin Pilots on it. Was a blast to ride, and turned a lot of heads cruising at 130 km/hr on the highway.

[Linked Image]

I have a honda silverwing -with a jcosta variator which makes it quite a bit quicker-walks away from stock silverwing and probably burgman also, although acceleration is not what its all about-ease of use and fun compared to reg motorcycles is what i like.Have had many big fast bikes over 50 years of riding.This silverwing is plenty fast, excellent abs brakes,handles great and seems much safer to me because of left hand rear linked abs breaks which can be activated much quicker than typical rear foot brake and used easily for tight low speed manuvers.It is also extremely reliable and easy to maintain.For added saftey i wear a airbag vest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back