Any F-150 problems?

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by glock19
Originally Posted by irekm
I have 2016 eco that has 70k miles on it ,it has been tuned since week after I got it , mechanically no problems . Mine is lariat with moonroof ,and obviously this leaked ,fixed under warranty , leather seats are poor quality ,that was fixed under warranty ,same as navigation screen . So typical ford issues , mechanically perfect .
I also own 2018Mustang GT with 10 speed , and I like this car quite a bit ,but honestly 10speed auto is the worst part of the car ,and I believe that new f150 have exactly the same tranny .
It is jerky and unsophisticated , works the best in sport mode when you are driving wheels off of it , in regular traffic can be extremely annoying

If I end up getting this truck I'll be sure to check the drains preemptively.

It's interesting that you have issues with the 10 speed. Most of the F-150 issues with the 10 speed that I've read on the forums seem to be with the 5.0L. I wonder if that's a coincidence.

I have observed it is the elder demographic just can not stand an AT with more than 4 speeds. Anything more to than 4 is "newfangled".

Not me either. I enjoy the six speeds I have on the Mazda.

It does depend on the transmission. I've driven other makes with multiple speeds where in certain situations the transmission didn't know what gear it wanted to be in. The constant shifting would drive me crazy but fortunately those cars were rentals.

The two speed powerglide was the work of the devil. Give me an honest three pedal manual transmission and get off my lawn.

Originally Posted by dave1251

I have observed it is the elder demographic just can not stand an AT with more than 4 speeds. Anything more to than 4 is "newfangled".

Well I ended up buying a 2019 Lariat 4x4 with the 3.5L Ecoboost, 502A luxury package, and adaptive cruise control. It took quite a bit of searching to find a white Lariat, with tan interior, and adaptive cruise. Time will tell if the pano roof or the 10 speed will give me issues but I'm happy for now.

Well I ended up buying a 2019 Lariat 4x4 with the 3.5L Ecoboost, 502A luxury package, and adaptive cruise control. It took quite a bit of searching to find a white Lariat, with tan interior, and adaptive cruise. Time will tell if the pano roof or the 10 speed will give me issues but I'm happy for now.

Rock 'n Roll !! Nice truck !!

Enjoy !!

P.S. Tow/Haul mode for driving mode on the transmission is a good choice for the initial 1000 mile break-in period. It's in between the behavior of normal mode and sport mode. It does not skip gears it will engage each gear on upshifts and each on the way back down, yielding a nice even initial break-in of the 10-speed. The sequential engagement of each gear for engine braking on deceleration that tow/haul mode does also gives the engine some vacuum pulls on the cylinders to balance out the piston ring seating process. Tow/haul does not hold the gears to as high of rpm's on acceleration as sport mode does, but holds each gear slightly longer than normal mode. Mainly though, just have fun with your new truck !!

I'm not older demographic :D, the transmission in Mustang isn't as good as it should be
grin.gif

Very nice!

Now put a 5 Star tune on it if you want to be amazed!!! Hint: They can make over 600HP on E85 and over 400 rear wheel HP on pump fuel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Cujet
Now put a 5 Star tune on it if you want to be amazed!!! Hint: They can make over 600HP on E85 and over 400 rear wheel HP on pump fuel.

I don't think that will be necessary. Coming from a 5.3L ecotec3 this truck already feels like a rocket ship.

How do you like the 3.5L specifically? I drove the 2.7L and the 3.5L back to back and honestly I couldn't tell much of a difference.

The 2.7 revs higher. That makes it more fun in sport mode, and due to the higher revs, it sounds better. More like a race car. The 3.5 sounds like a UPS truck at low RPM. But really other than that, I like 'em both. I like the mid range grunt of the 3.5, it will pull harder at 2500-3000 RPM, which is amazingly pleasant when pulling into traffic, as the acceleration seems effortless.

But I don't drive under the bridge listening to the exhaust pipe with the windows down all that often.. OK, well maybe I do a little....

The V8 is absolutely the smoothest and the most pleasant sounding. It's also the slowest, but at least it uses the most gas
smile.gif
I have driven all of them and own a 2019 5.0. I can't believe that the 2.7 will beat the 5.0 in a drag race though. The 2.7 seems like a decent engine and it pretty reliable from what I can tell, but I didn't think it felt faster than my 5.0? It definitely revs quick, but I don't think the one I drove felt like it had the power of the 5.0. They sound like a car.

I have driven all of them and own a 2019 5.0. I can't believe that the 2.7 will beat the 5.0 in a drag race though. The 2.7 seems like a decent engine and it pretty reliable from what I can tell, but I didn't think it felt faster than my 5.0? It definitely revs quick, but I don't think the one I drove felt like it had the power of the 5.0. They sound like a car.

Maybe different gearing would explain why the 2.7 didn't feel as strong as the V8.

Maybe different gearing would explain why the 2.7 didn't feel as strong as the V8.
I was thinking that after I posted. My 5.0 has a 3.31, so it isn't a low gear, but I am not sure what the 2.7L had in it. It was a 2021 loaner truck when mine was at the dealer. It was a nice truck and I loved the dash and the SYNC4 wireless Carplay in the 2021.

Back