Any experience with Chevron Delo Syn ATF HD.

Looking at a new fill for reman 4L60E trans- HD build. I read that this is a TES 295 clone (Chevron does have a version that is certified by Allison TES 668- so I don't know what the reason for this oil to be still existing). Anyway price is decent for a 5 gallon pail vs the certified oils. Also plan on using in transfer case and PS/HB. People seem to be pleased with it's performance over Dex 6.

The real TES-295/468 needs to be mostly PAO base to meet the test requirements and I think the ISOSYN Chevron is more of a Grp 2/3 but unless you're running really hot for really long drain intervals, you should be fine.

For a 700R or an early 4L60E this would be a more appropriate oil than dex6 ?
Dex VI was done more for fuel economy (low vis) so unless the poster is looking for that or less spin loss for racing, I'd go with a Dex III/TES-295 type. Of course a lot depends on what the failure modes are in your particular transmission as to whether viscosity is really a factor positive or negative.

Not racing- but also non oem high torque environment with some limited towing. Will be a new fill on a rebuilt trans.

Have several customers that use it for anything that specs ATF.. light and HD trucks and equipment.
Deal with lot of fleets so they try to use a 1 for all product to keep inventory and mixups down. Others use MD3.

4L60E isn't very fussy either, any decent Dexron 3 is fine for it.

Chevron does have a version that is certified by Allison TES 668- so I don't know what the reason for this oil to be still existing
TES 668 is backwards compatible with TES 295. So whilst the TES 668 version can be used in TES 295 applications, there are some other approvals on the 295 product that the 668 doesn't carry (MAN, MB, Voith, Volvo, ZF).

Back