Any employed people taking the whole week off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by opus1

I spoke too soon...looks like I get my hat-trick this year. Unpaid OT to boot. 1866 days until I can retire...

I thought OT was .gov mandated unless you're salary? I wouldn't get it if not.

I have the misfortune of being salaried.

I will be in tomorrow at 06:30am will be there until all the patients are through our department. Probably 8-9pm. On call. I usually take christmas call in place of the other managers that have young children. When I have grandchildren, we will rotate.

Originally Posted by Ws6

I spoke too soon...looks like I get my hat-trick this year. Unpaid OT to boot. 1866 days until I can retire...

I have the misfortune of being salaried.

Yeah, that's why I refuse to take a salary job. It's like gambling, and the house obviously exists to make money, soo....

Originally Posted by Ws6

depends on your job position/title

I work at a trucking fleet as a mechanic, in the shop we get paid hourly but are overtime exempt.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
Originally Posted by Ws6

depends on your job position/title

I work at a trucking fleet as a mechanic, in the shop we get paid hourly but are overtime exempt.

Oof. I don't get any holiday pay, but I do get OT, and I didn't used to have insurance, but the government now makes my employer sell it to me (yes, it costs me $380/mo for my 34 year old healthy self, but at least I can get it, even if it's a terrible plan). I just figured OT was also mandatory since I got it.

I get 2 paid weeks off for Holidays every year.

Most years I get 7 -10 weeks off / year.

I run Food Services for a small private school.

We are In House Operation, so I work when school is open and plan my time off around their Holidays and closings.

Works for me.

My employer always closes between Christmas and the New Year. They extended it to the entire week of Christmas this year, and due to some other obligations I actually ended up taking the entire week before also.

I work in acadaemia, but in a staff/support position(not faculty, although I teach classes some). Truth be told, I sort of wish we were open at least a few days between the two. Due to our strange spring semester schedule, classes start back on January 6th(most schools start at least a week later). I have a LOT to get done in the 2 days next week before the start of classes, so will probably be working a couple of long days in those two days.

For that matter, I might end up going in on Monday and part of the day Tuesday anyway. I expect I can get a lot of my "grunt work" done a lot more efficiently when no one else is there to bother me, so will have a less hectic Thursday and Friday. I just have to keep a low profile(which will be somewhat difficult with what I DO need to do) as I know there will be other people there and WILL jump at the chance to ask me to do other stuff outside the "mission critical" tasks I need to have done and will be there to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back