Any Cigar smokers out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

plf

Any suggestions for a good cigar. I have my favorites but always looking to try something new

I really like La Gloria Cubana, but for something smaller in size and a bit cheaper I’d recommend Arturo Fuente Petit Corona. I don’t like other A Fuente stuff, but those little coronas are awesome. Pretty mild and down the middle, but a solid stick. They still last probably 45 minutes or so for me too.

Nice have not smoked many Fuentes , leaning more towards the La Gloria you recommended. enjoy an hour on a cigar. Oliva is a choice stick for or something in a maduro wrappers

After all these years, I still prefer the Mini Macanudo Maduros.
Somewhat available, fair priced, and pretty consistent in the smoke.

Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Oliva melanio

OK will take a look the Oliva G is an all time favorite

Not sure any recommendation I could give would be all that useful to you ... there is a huge difference in availability between here and the USA.

It's not just simply a matter of Cubans being available here; their presence skews the market when it comes to alternatives from, say, Central America.

You will have a larger choice of those types, simply because they sell in America, while we would have more Cubans, (from legitimate sources) in their place which makes sales (and therefore choice) of non-Cubans, more limited here.

You can always buy through legitimate mail-order suppliers or import them yourself, but in that case it's most likely the same situation as the OP, wondering what is good. You can get any Cuban you want locally, so it's mostly the non-Cubans that you would need to source elsewhere.

For inexpensive "everyday" cigars I would recommend one of the Canadian machine-made cigars made from Cuban leaf, but you wouldn't have those either.

I have not smoked in a while.
But when I was a regular, my every occasion smoke was a Puros Indios.

Last edited:
Have never been disappointed with Rocky Patel. The Sun Grown remains one of my top options.

Gurkha is meh. They have impressive band designs and really aggressive marketing, but poor aging techniques.

If you want an infused cigar, Drew Estate seems to do it best. The Drew Estate Java Wafe cigars are freaking delicious.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Have never been disappointed with Rocky Patel. The Sun Grown remains one of my top options.

Gurkha is meh. They have impressive band designs and really aggressive marketing, but poor aging techniques.

If you want an infused cigar, Drew Estate seems to do it best. The Drew Estate Java Wafe cigars are freaking delicious.

All good info from you guys. Never been an infused flavoredgigar guy. Agreed have had some good Patel’s and Gurkhas. If you have never tried a Sanchez Panza double maduro go get one

Fuente is my go-to for a daily cigar, especially the Double Chateau or 858 in Maduro wrappers. This is still the golden age of cigar making with lots of great brands making affordable cigars.
Anything by Padron, Oliva, Curivari, My Father and a dozen familiar names will be worth your time and money.
Start with a Connecticut wrapper if you want to give it a try.

Last edited:
plf did you ever find a good new cigar?

I seem to be getting back into it.. with a few sticks a week since the weather has been nice. Picked up a Camacho Triple Maduro to try this weekend.. and it is supposedly a whopper that has made some smokers need to lay down LOL.

My future buys will be some Connecticut shade types, as I've found the mellow approach lets me enjoy a smoke mid day and go out in the evening and do other things. I'm also convinced that it's tougher for a mfr to make a good cigar out of light leaf, since you can't hide anything behind the richness of a maduro leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back