Any Buick fans in the Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been a fan and owner of the 86-87 Turbo Regals, 98-04 Regal GS cars, and the Buick GS cars of the 60s and early 70s !
[Linked Image]

I hate the current Buicks. But I love the older ones, esp the gs and grand Nationals. Beautiful car!

Last edited:
Yeah, I like BUICK.
My first car was a '68 LeSabre 2dr w/ a Buick 350 cid(not a Chevy 350). The 5 push button radio stations spelled B-U-I-C-K

I also had an '83 Regal w/3800 V6 & 2bbl, that I bought used. Only had ~120 hp. The ride was smooth & quiet. Numb but, smooth & quiet!
laugh.gif

My dad had a '74 Electra 225 w/455 cid w/~210 hp. Slooooooow but what a cruiser. Thing weighed 5500 lbs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby

My dad had a '74 Electra 225 w/455 cid w/~210 hp. Slooooooow but what a cruiser. Thing weighed 5500 lbs.

^^ Smog control era engine ^^

My 1968 Electra 225 (375 HP, 430 cu in) was NOT slow - but only got about 5-6 mpg.

I've always liked mid 60's big B body GM cars with a full perimeter frame. The first was a '65 Pont GP 421 and later mostly Buick Wildcats as I found them to be strong, the larger brakes and less thrashed and priced. I'd keep a late G body El Camino for the hauling but for many years had the last use of the GN turbo in the '89 Turbo Trans Am. So, along with a Catalina, lFiero GT, Aussie GTO and '66 Riv and 225 over the years, I covered a lot of BOP- without the O

We have a 2006 Buick Lacrosse CX w/ 3.8l V-6 with 46,000 honest miles . Love it .

Caution , if you have a 3.8i , replace the plastic coolant elbows with metal coolant elbows .

This will probably be the last or next to last car we will buy . Getting older .....

My first car was '56 Special, nailhead V8 and extremely rare three speed manual - 3 on the tree. Bought it from my grandfather who had purchased it new. Loved it. Family ownership before my becoming 16 included a '65 Wildcat which, as a teenager, I thought was the most beautiful object I had ever seen. We had a succession of Oldsmobiles of that class (including 442's) and even one Pontiac a '65 LeMans with the also rare overhead cam 6. The mid 60's GM styling is just magic in my opinion. So many good looking cars from that era.

I had a 79 Bonneville the 350 Buick. ran over 300K before rust around the back widow lead to terminal mildew.. Great car, could cruse at over 90 on the primarys of the quadrajet. Now have Lesabre limited, wonderful car, 3.8 buick with coolant elbows replaced. 30 MPG on highway, very comfortable, very reliable.

Rod

My mechanic/buddy has a 87 Grand National parked in his 4 car/bay garage. Takes it out twice a year. LUVED those Grand Nationals from day one. My Grandfather was a huge Buick fan back in the day before his passing.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by Char Baby

^^ Smog control era engine ^^

My 1968 Electra 225 (375 HP, 430 cu in) was NOT slow - but only got about 5-6 mpg.

Yes, I believe that Dad would claim about the same MPG with his '74
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
The only Buick that interests me at the moment is TourX, but technically it's not a Buick.
smile.gif

When is a Buick not a Buick? Maybe when it's a Buick Envision made in China and imported to the U.S. ... These days a car is a World Car.
The TourX is a Buick made by Opel in Germany, with a U.S. engine, and a Japanese (Aisin) transmission.
The platform is shared with the Chevy Malibu, so maybe its really a Malibu Station Wagon.

Friends have the fancy SUV … It's nice, but prefer body on frame 4WD myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back