Does not work.

I was joking...

Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Spray or roll on bedliner!

Does not work.

I was joking...

Sorry, thought you were serious. And i tried it lol.

Spray or roll on bedliner!

Does not work.

I was joking...

Sorry, thought you were serious. And i tried it lol.

Yeah the ultra rough texture and all...heh heh.

I try to avoid washing my decks with water. only mow when the grass is dry and scrape and heavy accumulations off with a putty knife.
At the end of the mowing season, I spray down with Fluid film.

lm_HRXDeck.jpg

lm_Deck_Wrnty.gif

Don't spray anything under the deck. The wet grass will stick to whatever you spray under there and rot the deck.

A thin layer of dried grass on the bottom of the deck won't hurt anything. Scraping off grass before storage at the end of the season and keeping the top of the deck clean is the best way.

ALWAYS mow only when the grass is dry. Mowing wet grass is what causes a huge mess under the deck and leads to wet grass accumulating and rotting. I've only seen a few rotted out mower decks, and all of them were used on wet grass.

Those "new" ceramic coatings for cars look like they'd work well on the underside of a mower deck.
That said at the $100 for a bottle they seem to be going for it would be an expensive experiment.

I bought a honda with a plastic deck.

Seems unlikely to rust. Also it's lighter and quieter because the plastic damps some engine vibration instead of resonating/amplifying it.

Originally Posted by Hohn
I bought a honda with a plastic deck.

Seems unlikely to rust. Also it's lighter and quieter because the plastic damps some engine vibration instead of resonating/amplifying it.

So did I. My last Honda mower was 30 years old when I sold it. Only issue was deck rust. New mower has the Nexite deck. I'm hoping this is the last mower I ever buy.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Just clean it every so often and avoid mowing wet grass. Don't overthink this.

Agree. I do scrape off the dried grass from the crevices then hit mine with a wire wheel and left over rattle can paint after mowing and the fall leaf season. My 22 year old deck is as solid as it was when new.

To me, spraying them with water is just silly if you're doing this regularly. Moisture is the major element you're trying to take out of the equation.

I know many of the OEMs have so nicely included "wash ports" to their cutting decks. What a nice thing to do. Now you can get everything wet including bearings, electrical components, etc..

Just adding to all the above, but you want to keep things DRY. If you can give the deck a quick scrape-down, blow the whole thing off after each use with your leaf blower and then store it in a dry place, out of the elements, you're going to be way ahead of the game.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JTK
To me, spraying them with water is just silly if you're doing this regularly. Moisture is the major element you're trying to take out of the equation.

I know many of the OEMs have so nicely included "wash ports" to their cutting decks. What a nice thing to do. Now you can get everything wet including bearings, electrical components, etc..

Just adding to all the above, but you want to keep things DRY. If you can give the deck a quick scrape-down, blow the whole thing off after each use with your leaf blower and then store it in a dry place, out of the elements, you're going to be way ahead of the game.

Since you're doing it right after use the engine is still hot and the deck is generally warm from the sun and heat conducted from the engine so it tends to dry fairly fast.

Back