Anti-Complaint thread - What you like about BITOG since Migration to Xenforo

Please list only things you have found useful/like since the migration.. there are plenty of complaint threads.. leave complaints in those other topics.
I'll start:
Forum seems faster
Search usable
Alerts useful and customizable.
Like/reaction on posts
keeping with a bitog theme.. instead of the alien look xenforo usually has.(Eagerly awaiting dark theme)

PS- Thanks to all the BITOG staff and the quick response to issues.. I know migration is a trying time.

For me it is:

1. Being able to tag people in a post; like "Hey @Rand; I am commenting on a post that you might find interesting".
  2. Being able to like (or dislike) a post without commenting on it.
  3. "Autowatch" can give an alert or email automatically to alert you of activity on a post that you contributed to or created.
  4. Higher resolution photos are possible with XF versus UBB (not sure if this was a setting in UBB that could have been changed).
  5. The search engine is light years ahead of UBB to the point of (though this may not be active on BITOG) that when you start typing the title of a new thread, suggestions about similar threads appear and may reduce duplications or same subject type posts.
  6. Reaction score--the more likes a person has may indicate they are knowledgeable and/or trustworthy with the data they provide (I emphasize MAY here).
  7. More user customizable than UBB; on other XF forums I can change my avatar as often as I wish and there is no limit on a signature such that I can write a paragraph if I so choose.
  8. If you make a mistake or need to add data quickly, it does not immediately mark the post as edited giving you time to correct simple mistakes or add missing information.

Getting notifications.
Yes, I love this so far, that way I can reply to others without hunting and finding the posts I’ve posted in.
Also fits my iPhone very well.

I also like the top bar staying at the top, so I can navigate quicker without having to scroll to the top.

Yesterday I was trying to highlight a line so I can make it all bold but being used to other forums the Highlight would be in blue and this one was very similar to the off-white background it was very hard to see if it was actually selected maybe if that could be made to a blue color or some other color that when you dragged across the word or a line it would be highlighted then you could click bold underline Etc

CONVERT
Tom B

Forum seems faster
Search usable
Alerts useful and customizable.
Like/reaction on posts
keeping with a bitog theme.. instead of the alien look xenforo usually has.(Eagerly awaiting dark theme)
All of the above for me as well. Great job BITOG team for getting this done. I like the new format/features. I also like the new image uploader/resizer tools.

BTW, dark theme is already available.

Remember when many folks in the past suggested a lot of these things as making the forum a "better" place ? ;)

I think this has been a great move. There's not much I dislike about it, honestly. The images appear to upload better, searching actually works now, and I like a lot of the updated features like post editing and the like. The only thing I would like to see is avatars, but I understand that's just one more thing to moderate.

Remember when many folks in the past suggested a lot of these things as making the forum a "better" place ? ;)
Yip, that ol' squeaky wheel finally got some grease.....
I know this is not all that important to most as I asked about it a while ago but I like the date below the topic for when the post was created. I also think it's much easier on my eyes with the bigger or different font, how ever I would like to see a style in between the light and dark for the background.

For me it is:

1. Being able to tag people in a post; like "Hey @Rand; I am commenting on a post that you might find interesting".
  2. Being able to like (or dislike) a post without commenting on it.
  3. "Autowatch" can give an alert or email automatically to alert you of activity on a post that you contributed to or created.
  4. Higher resolution photos are possible with XF versus UBB (not sure if this was a setting in UBB that could have been changed).
  5. The search engine is light years ahead of UBB to the point of (though this may not be active on BITOG) that when you start typing the title of a new thread, suggestions about similar threads appear and may reduce duplications or same subject type posts.
  6. Reaction score--the more likes a person has may indicate they are knowledgeable and/or trustworthy with the data they provide (I emphasize MAY here).
  7. More user customizable than UBB; on other XF forums I can change my avatar as often as I wish and there is no limit on a signature such that I can write a paragraph if I so choose.
  8. If you make a mistake or need to add data quickly, it does not immediately mark the post as edited giving you time to correct simple mistakes or add missing information.
#4 and #7 are optional changes made by admin.
#8, you had the option on the old forum to uncheck "mark as edited", just a much shorter time that here (which is also a admin adjustable option).

#6 means nothing towards knowledge, you could get 1000 likes in OT for being funny and know nothing about oil.

I think its faster and easier to use.

The team has put it a bunch of hard work and to move us to a more modern platform.

I like the alerts.

It took me 3 days to figure out you can do more than "like" with the like button. (and I like it?)
alerts/notifications seem to work excellent.

It took me 3 days to figure out you can do more than "like" with the like button
You must be a fast mouse mover and clicker. :) The slightest hesitation over the "Like" wording shows the pop-up for me.

Back