Another OCD battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Lexus or Toyota batteries for years. Most never make it to their 60 month (Toyota) or 84 month (Lexus) guarantee.
However, my Lexus dealer always treats me right. However x2, I am responsible for 11 cars so I want to minimize my work, if that is possible.

I got one of those battery checkers that checks the CCA and it has "saved" 2 of the ladies and me in that I was warned me that the batteries were
bad before they actually died. Therefore, no body was stranded.

I want to try East Penn/Deka and can get East Penn from the local Federated or NAPA at the exact same price ($115). My preference is to buy a Deka battery
which I believe is East Penn's own brand.

Where can I buy a Deka battery? I guess I could call Deka Monday but was thinking you could guide me.

The Lexus battery has less CCA than either of the East Penns at Federated and NAPA but maybe that doesn't mean that much.

My brother takes care of a fleet of buses and told me to go pick up the same group battery and the Deka would be a lot heavier. He can't buy Deka as he works
for a government agency that tells him where he has to purchase batteries. Another thread.

Do any of you know who makes Lexus batteries for NC?

Originally Posted by Gebo
Where can I buy a Deka battery? I guess I could call Deka Monday but was thinking you could guide me.

Walmart. Bbhero lives in VA and has purchased them there. Not at every WM but I emailed East Penn to find out which specific stores carried their batteries. I wanted to make sure since I've dealt with two leakers before and their corroding mess.

Originally Posted by Warstud
How cold does it get where your at ?

15 about the coldest. I live on VA NC border.

besides getting a fresh battery thats NOT been setting without a charge the most important thing is keeping them charged!!! with so much JUNK on todays vehicles a battery needs external charging unless you drive often + a lot!!

"I wanted to make sure since I've dealt with two leakers before and their corroding mess."

One of the reasons I prefer AGM batteries now.

Deka and East Penn are the same so Walmarts EverStart MAXX is what your looking for as long as the serial numbers starts with "EP" Duracell Batts are also made by Deka /East Penn.

Deka and East Penn are the same so Walmarts EverStart MAXX is what your looking for as long as the serial numbers starts with "EP" Duracell Batts are also made by Deka /East Penn.

They don't have group 24's.
frown.gif

We have 2 independent battery shops here. They also rebuild batteries for tools. My cost on a group 34 Deka flooded battery is $62. You may want to check with your local battery places too.

If you have Sam's Club around, they will have a Duracell Gold for around $100. I have yet to have an East Penn battery leak, I've had multiple Johnson Control made batteries leak, including dual terminal ones that leaked around posts that NEVER had a terminal clamp on them, and an AAP Gold that caused major paint damage to the body & engine cradle on my wife's xB under warranty. Anybody who buys JCI or Clarios made batteries is playing Russian roulette with their vehicle.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
If you have Sam's Club around, they will have a Duracell Gold for around $100. I have yet to have an East Penn battery leak, I've had multiple Johnson Control made batteries leak, including dual terminal ones that leaked around posts that NEVER had a terminal clamp on them, and an AAP Gold that caused major paint damage to the body & engine cradle on my wife's xB under warranty. Anybody who buys JCI or Clarios made batteries is playing Russian roulette with their vehicle.

I can't find a group 24 at Sams

They don't have group 24's.
frown.gif

WM sells something in Group 24-- I think their 2-year warranty one for $75. Go in and look, read the serial number.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle

I can't find a group 24 at Sams
It is a marine one, but at 840 CCA I would make it work!
https://www.samsclub.com/p/marine-group-24msho-12-mo-free/prod15350131?xid=plp_product_1_3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back