And This Folks, Is How You Buy Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colt Monitor!
20.gif

Those were the days.
When I first saw this scene my initial thought was that the young man behind the counter was the shop owners ample wife.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Colt Monitor!
20.gif

Man would I like to find one of those for sale. I was looking for one a few years ago and gave up.

Originally Posted by jjjxlr8
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Colt Monitor!
20.gif

Man would I like to find one of those for sale. I was looking for one a few years ago and gave up.

Literally just yesterday I saw a YouTube blurb from the forgotten weapons channel where he covered this gun (don't remember the date it was posted) It was at an auction house and ended up selling for $71 or $72k dollars.

Colt made the Monitor in semi-auto. I was looking for a semi-auto version, which are less expensive than a transferable machinegun.

Anyone notice the kid carrying that box of lead like it weighed five pounds? Irks me when they do stuff like this in movies!
crazy.gif
Such a simple thing to make him act like he's struggling with the weight of the ammo.

Originally Posted by Toy4x4
Anyone notice the kid carrying that box of lead like it weighed five pounds? Irks me when they do stuff like this in movies!
crazy.gif
Such a simple thing to make him act like he's struggling with the weight of the ammo.

Yeah, I laughed at that...my ammo bxo that I carry my ammo, bolts and mags for my .22s takes a bit of hefting...not a box of feather pillows.

I wish the police could handle public enemy number 1 criminals (Bonnie and Clyde types) like that today. Set up an ambush, shoot machine guns at the criminals until dead. Thats justice.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
I wish the police could handle public enemy number 1 criminals (Bonnie and Clyde types) like that today. Set up an ambush, shoot machine guns at the criminals until dead. Thats justice.

Hardly. While it sounds enticing, that is a road we must never go down. If they can skip due process for one, they can skip it for all. Due process exists for a reason.

Originally Posted by TurboLuver
Those were the days.
When I first saw this scene my initial thought was that the young man behind the counter was the shop owners ample wife.

Wait, that was a dude??

While it pains me that we as a society spend enormous amounts of money on some of these types, I'd rather have it this way than mowing them down in the streets. Sure, shoot them in defense if necessary, but our gov was made so that no one leo could be judge, jury and executioner for a reason.

Due process is a CRITICAL PART of our legal system for a very good reason. If you allow them to skip it for a bad guy, they can skip it for you too and I'd rather be alive so I can have my day in court, thank you. Oh yeah, without due process you may never get a day in court. Don't think it'll work like that? Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't... One thing is for sure and that is that I most certainly am not willing to have my natural born rights stripped, nor will I sit idle while some bureaucrat says that it's OK to execute even the most violent criminals in the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back