Anchor motor mounts for 2010 chevy impala?

I just got a 2010 impala 3.9l with 100k. There’s a lot of play on the engine when changing gears from park to neutral to reverse etc.

I believe that means it’s time for new engine mounts. Are the anchor brand mounts any good? I see they are priced well and sold in various places like rockauto and autozone.

Thanks in advance for the input.

They're bottom of the barrel Chinese but there was a time for OBS Fords when all the other aftermarkets were being built backwards for one side and the only ones that fit were Anchors. I installed a set on my '95 F250 and they were fine, but that's a very different application

For the ones that are hard to get to like #20 and #22, I'd go GM.

For the #18 mounts up top in the front, Anchor might be alright.

On my car the front mount takes all the stress. The Anchor I got from RockAuto only lasted a year before it split in half.

Wholesale GM Parts

They worked just fine on my 78 K20 plow truck, but it isn't a daily driver.

But those are GM clamshell mounts....Kinda hard to screw those up as they don't depend on adhesion of rubber to steel. Let's talk about your '71 GMC :ROFLMAO:.....Bet it doesn't have Anchor engine mounts?

I just got a 2010 impala 3.9l with 100k. There’s a lot of play on the engine when changing gears from park to neutral to reverse etc.

I believe that means it’s time for new engine mounts. Are the anchor brand mounts any good? I see they are priced well and sold in various places like rockauto and autozone.

Thanks in advance for the input.
They do not last very long. Try to get OEM mounts if possible and replace all of them, not just one.

Well after all this input looks like I’ll be going gm for the motor mounts below.
lf you want to save a few bucks, you can get just the bushings for the motor side of the top dog bone bushings, and "flip" the front bushing at the core support side. Lots of info on Youtube about flipping the front mount.
Bushings at the motor side, l cut the rubber "ears" off, and they fell right out!
Pressed right in with a big vise and silicone lube. Made a BIG difference in how the motor and drivetrain "connected" when pulling away from a stop. Zoro was actually the cheapest place for the mounts, even with shipping.

Reactions: D60
Anchor mounts are total junk. Used them in my 92 Cavalier and my fiance's 94 Cavalier. Neither lasted long at all. No OEM ones are available that I could find.

Anchor mounts are total junk. Used them in my 92 Cavalier and my fiance's 94 Cavalier. Neither lasted long at all. No OEM ones are available that I could find.
Well I at least expected a couple years because I don't drive the car much not 6 weeks LOL 😂😆
😱 😱 😱 😱 😱

Reactions: wtd
Back