Amsoil Z-Rod 10W-30 (ZRT) with TBN and TAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Artem
The Z-Rod's maximum service recommendation is just a "general guideline". Just look at that TBN!! This is not a 3k and dump it oil, I don't care how much power you're putting down.

I say, run it 5k and do a UOA to see how its doing.

I plan to try it in my Scion tC later this year as well.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the TBN. It'll go longer than 5k, but I'll probably go 4-5k & UOA.

Can't wait!

Ok, I bought 6 quarts of Z-Rod for the GTO today.

Takes 6.6 qts I believe. Going to finish the fill with VR-1 Syn that I have.

Think I'll put it in tomorrow, but my drain pan may not be big enough!

Got 'er in!

6 quarts Amsoil Z-Rod 10w-30 + 1/2 quart Valvoline ZR1 Racing 10w-30 (had only 6 qts Z-rod) + 2/3 can Lubro-Moly MOS2 Moly Additive.

Spun on a NAPA Platinum Oil Filter, FTW.

So would a good mix for something like my '90 NA 300ZX be:

2 qts Zrod 20w50
2 qts SS 0w30
= 10w40

Usually mine takes 4 quarts. I'd most likely order 3 of each if this would be a quality blend to try out.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Got 'er in!

6 quarts Amsoil Z-Rod 10w-30 + 1/2 quart Valvoline ZR1 Racing 10w-30 (had only 6 qts Z-rod) + 2/3 can Lubro-Moly MOS2 Moly Additive.

Kinda ruins the future UOA of the Z-ROD but thats just me cause i don't like mixing oils. Whatever floats your boat though.

Got 'er in!

Excellent oil I have used for track days and run it in my boat.

You are good to GO! Take that thing to the strip and let's see the ET's and trap speeds!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Got 'er in!

Excellent oil I have used for track days and run it in my boat.

You are good to GO! Take that thing to the strip and let's see the ET's and trap speeds!

Yes! I don't see any problem with the brew. I wanted the extra Moly for this change and got it.

Ya know, it's easy to get/see numbers for Z-Rod, but not so easy to have the knowledge of the extra Moly. It should serve others well as it will be available for reference.

Track? I hope to in the next month or two. I think it'll be ~11.0 to 11.1 if I can launch & shift it correctly...

Last weekend two of us got 'er up to 140 "quickly" on a unoccupied country road.
thumbsup2.gif

Any updates on the ZRT UOA ?

Seeing as OE & XL have 7,500 mile OCI suggestions, I'm curious why the similarly TBN'd ZRT only has 3000-5000 - perhaps an Amsoil disclaimer seeing as most users would use it in a carbed motor ?

5 years later.

The ZRT 10w30 has been doing just fine on 1 yr/7500-11000 changes, as far as TBN/TAN are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back