Amsoil mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I am debating on when to switch to Amsoil in my 07 GSX-R600. Would it be too early to switch to Amsoil at 600 miles?

Also, I am thinking of mixing the two Amsoil MC oils at the following ratio: 1QT 20w50 2QTS 10w40.
stirthepot.gif
Would there be a benefit to mixing in a quart of 20w50 or should I just go straight 10w40? How would Suzuki respond to oil mixing if I ever needed warranty work? I am looking for max protection.

BTW, I did my first OC at 167 miles.

I would switch now as the Amsoil will never hurt your engine. However, I would not mix the 2 grades. Follow the owners manual spec for which grade to use. You will get excellent protection from the Amsoil right out of the bottle. I switch my bikes to synthetic at 100 miles. It extends the break in but every engine has been really smooth running afterwards.

ON that bike, I'd go straight 10-40. I use a mix on a 2053 cc V-twin Vulcan, but, that's not because of the engine, it's because of the big straight-cut transmission gears. The thicker oil really helps this monster shift better....the engine would probably do better (performance-wise) with an X-30 weight.

Quote:

ON that bike, I'd go straight 10-40. I use a mix on a 2053 cc V-twin Vulcan, but, that's not because of the engine, it's because of the big straight-cut transmission gears. The thicker oil really helps this monster shift better....the engine would probably do better (performance-wise) with an X-30 weight.

I'd be going 20w50 straight on a Vulcan
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back