Amsoil Diesel Oil Interval Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Amsoil change it's drain interval recommendations on the Diesel Oils?

" SERVICE LIFE - Series 3000 5w-30 (HDD)
In light-duty diesel engines, non-turbocharged diesel engines, heavy-duty diesel engines, turbocharged diesel engines: drain oil at intervals up to twice or more the oil drain interval length recommended by the engine manufacturer if extended drain intervals are supported by the findings of a used oil analysis program, or six months, whichever comes first."

" 15w-40 (AME) Diesel engines, fleet vehicle engines and industrial engines: drain oil at intervals up to two times longer than recommended by the engine manufacturer or at six month intervals. Extended drain intervals may be used if they are supported by the findings of used oil analysis."

It looks like for all the Diesel Oil you have to use Oil Analysis now if you go past the vehicle manufacturer's recommended change limits?

shocked.gif
dunno.gif

[ October 01, 2004, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: rossn2 ]

Hum....I've been using the 15w-40 for over almost a year now and the recommendation, in the past, was up to 2 times past the manufacturer's recommendation without an oil analysis. So, If I have a Dodge Cummins and recommendation is 7500 miles, I could go to 15k without an oil analysis , in a 6month period, according to the past recommendation.

Now, the AMSOIL website says anything past the vehicle manufacturers recommendation you must have oil analyis done???

The Product Interval Change Guide says "Up to 2 times or longer w.oil analysis or 6 months."

Yet if you look under the indivdual Oil Specs they say what I posted in my first post, which is different than the Product Interval Change Guide?

I've called the Amsoil Tech line for clarificaiton and am waiting for the answer...

[ October 01, 2004, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: rossn2 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back