Miles on Civic- 524,636
Miles on oil - 14,198
Amsoil 0W-30 AZO
Amsoil EAo36 oil filter
Twin Filtermag CT3.2 magnetic oil filters
Dimple magnetic oil drain plug
5 ozs Liquimoly
47 ozs make up oil

Blackstone Labs; We're still tracking the possibility of a coolant leak for your Civic, and the increase in Potassium suggests it's
getting worse. Sodium hasn't increased much, but you'll want to keep and eye out on your end in case the coolant
level is getting low on you. Copper increased enough to mark too, but 6 ppm isn't really a lot of brass/bronze wear in the
grand scheme of things, so that's just to watch now too. The TBN came back OK at 2.6, and the PCread
17/16/14. WEsuggest cutting back to 10kK miles again because of the

Code
[/code]

Aluminum----------------4-------------------------------------------------4 universal average based on a 3,600 mile OCI

Chromium----------------1-------------------------------------------------1

Iron-------------------------20------------------------------------------------9

Copper--------------------6--------------------------------------------------3

Lead------------------------3-------------------------------------------------2

Tin--------------------------0--------------------------------------------------1

Molybdenum-------------325-----------------------------------------------85

Nickel-----------------------0--------------------------------------------------0

Manganese----------------0--------------------------------------------------0

Silver------------------------0--------------------------------------------------0

Titanium--------------------0--------------------------------------------------1

Potassium-----------------90-------------------------------------------------4

Boron------------------------40------------------------------------------------50

Silicon------------------------19-----------------------------------------------11

Sodium-----------------------22-----------------------------------------------43

Calcium----------------------1248---------------------------------------------2135

Magnesium------------------750-----------------------------------------------151

Phosphorus-----------------784-----------------------------------------------713

Zinc----------------------------823-----------------------------------------------833

Barium------------------------0---------------------------------------------------0

Code:
SUS Viscosity @ 210 F--------------------------66.7---------------------------------------------------57-67 (value should be)
cSt Viscosity @ 100 C----------------------------12.06--------------------------------------------------9.4-12.4
Flashpoint in F---------------------------------------390---------------------------------------------------->385
Fuel%--------------------------------------------------- Antifreeze %--------------------------------------------POS-------------------------------------------------0.0
Water %--------------------------------------------------0.0--------------------------------------------------- Insolubles %--------------------------------------------0.3---------------------------------------------------- TBN-------------------------------------------------------2.6---------------------------------------------------->1.0

Particle counts for ISO oil cleanliness code 17/16/14;

>= 2 microns---1,818 particles
>= 5---------------673
>= 10-------------186
>= 15-------------72
>=25--------------17
>=50--------------1
>=100------------0

I thought Honda's usually push combustion into the coolant when the HG goes.

edit: just read the other thread. disregard my comment. Maybe you have a slightly porous head casting and a bit of coolant seeps though somewhere.

Last edited:
Ok wow. I have not even looked at your report. Lol, I do not even need to look at your report when I see a 1993 Honda civic with 524,636 miles on it. That is one car that is not trying to die.

Kudos to you and that car. You have kept it well and it has treated you good.

Do you have pictures of this car and the odometer? I would love to see it. Feel free to share some pictures, if you do not mind.

Man, I hope you can keep on maintaining this car and it keeps on going even to past 600,000! Great job!

I have a 2008 Nissan Maxima with 243,600 on odometer. My main goal is I hope the car can last atleast past 300,000 miles. Then it can die after that and I will be fine. But I am not just ignoring this car to let it die. I will keep on doing my Maxima right and taking good care of it until it becomes expensive to maintain it.

Till then, I say keep on driving that Civic as I do mine. I love seeing people keep a car that has a lot of miles and still using the car often.

The lighting is too poor to take an odo picture, here's one of the front.

IMG_0024[1].JPG

Thanks for the pictures. That car looks clean. Whenever you have time and the lighting is better, I would truly love that picture of the odometer showing us those miles. Any day you have time. No rush.

The Civic is just simple and straight to the point. Just like I thought it would look like. Just plain simple. That thing should definitely be able to reach atleast 600,000 in its lifetime.

keep on trucking! And thanks for sharing.

Looks great and the UOA needs improvement. But the engine is at an age and mileage maybe nothing can be done to curb the coolant from entering the oil.

Everytime I use a bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner, the copper level goes up next UOA, has anyone else noticed that?

Originally Posted by harry j
present miles

Amazing!!!

This is a KEEPER!

I wish it many more miles.

Man, keep on doing what you are doing. You have done well with that car.

Originally Posted by dblshock
pouring $12qt. oil in this road rat you can bet he's thinking a million miles.

Don't know where you're getting your pricing information:

[Linked Image]

16 quarts for 149.35 says $9.35 a quart to me.

Back