Miles on oil 6,554
Amsoil 0W-30 AZO
Oil filter Amsoil Ea15k20
Twin Filtermag CT3.2
Dimple magnetic oil drain plug
AFE Dry Pro S air filter
5ozs Liquimoly
44ozs make up oil

Blackstone Labs; The Civic is looking good at 575,048 miles. Wear metals are low and holding steady compared to recent results
and that's always a good sign that the mechanical components are happy and healthy. There is some excess fuel this time 3.0%
is enough to show a possible fuel system problem, but some of it might be from normal use too. Fuel hasn't been a big issue of late, so
let's see if it shows up next time before worrying. Watch for an increasing oil level just to be safe. The TBN is 2.7, showing active
additive left. The ISO Oil Cleanliness Code is 15/14/11.

Code:
Aluminum---5-----------4 universal average based on 5,900 miles
Chromium---1-----------1
Iron-----------14----------9
Copper--------1----------3
Lead------------0---------2
Tin---------------0---------1
Molybdenum--246------89
Nickel-----------0----------0
Manganese----0----------0
Silver------------0----------0
Titanium--------0----------1
Potassium------2---------4
Boron------------58-------51
Silicon-----------7---------11
Sodium----------10-------42
Calcium---------1193----2117
Magnesium-----916-----166
Phosphorus-----686-----713
Zinc---------------754-----832
Barium-----------0---------0

SUS Viscosity @ 210F--60.5----------57-67 should be
cST Viscosity @ 100C---10.36---------9.4-12.4
Flashpoint in F--------------325----------->385
Fuel %-------------------------3.0------------ Antifreeze %------------------0.0------------0.0
Water %------------------------0.0------------ Insolubles %------------------0.3------------- TBN-----------------------------2.7------------->1.0
TAN-----------------------------not done

Particle counts for ISO Oil Cleanliness Code 15/14/11;

>=2 microns--------358 microns
>=5--------------------132
>=10-------------------37
>=15-------------------14
>=25-------------------3
>=50-------------------0
>=100-----------------0

Last edited:
buster, I use various products to polish under the hood. All metal surfaces are polished using just about any metal polish, the valve cover is kept clean using Armorall
Extreme wipes. Armorall also has a wax wipe which is great to get into the tight spots using a probe (I use various size knitting needles, they have to be bamboo to
protect the surface finish). The rest of the compartment gets treated to The Last Coat AMP, this stuff is great on windows also. That is pretty much it

Originally Posted by harry j
buster, I use various products to polish under the hood. All metal surfaces are polished using just about any metal polish, the valve cover is kept clean using Armorall
Extreme wipes. Armorall also has a wax wipe which is great to get into the tight spots using a probe (I use various size knitting needles, they have to be bamboo to
protect the surface finish). The rest of the compartment gets treated to The Last Coat AMP, this stuff is great on windows also. That is pretty much it

Looks great, well done. Great car.

Looking great harryj...

One of the best threads on here in my opinion.

The lady and I were in Wilmington NC just a couple of years ago... A very beautiful city...

Originally Posted by bbhero
Looking great harryj...

One of the best threads on here in my opinion.

The lady and I were in Wilmington NC just a couple of years ago... A very beautiful city...

Look me up next time you drop in (after the corona debacle)

Miles on Civic - 582,138 / 936,860 km
Miles on oil - 7,090
Amsoil 0W-30 Signature Series AZO
Amsoil Ea15k20 oil filter
Twin Filtermags CT3.2
AFE Dry Pro S air filter
5 ozs Liquimoly
48 ozs make-up oil

Blackstone Labs; Ah, it's great to find an improvement in the flashpoint. This sample flashed at 360 F, translating to
1.3% fuel, not a cautionary amount, so that helps quell concern over a fuel system issue. Metals are good as ever,
revealing no troublesome changes in wear. It's interesting that this oil was too dirty for us to obtain a Particle Count
(just to verify we ran the sample twice), but that's of little consequence. The oil filter was keeping insolubles low and
the oil itself still worked well (and held up nicely based on the normal viscosity and a 4.0 TBN. All told this engine
still looks fantastic.

Code:
Aluminum-----4-------------4 (universal average)
Chromium-----1------------1
Iron--------------15----------9
Copper----------2-----------3
Lead--------------0-----------2
Tin-----------------0-----------1
Molybdenum----285--------89
Nickel-------------0-----------0
Manganese------0-----------0
Silver--------------0-----------0
Titanium----------0-----------1
Potassium--------2-----------4
Boron--------------66---------51
Silicon--------------8----------11
Sodium------------11---------42
Calcium-----------1361------2110
Magnesium-------1083------172
Phosphorus-------78--------713
Zinc------------------878------832
Barium--------------0----------0

SUS Viscosity @ 210 F------------59.7---------------------54-65(values should be)
cSt Viscosity @ 100 C--------------10.14-------------------8.56-11.9
Flashpoint in F-------------------------360--------------------->385
Fuel %------------------------------------1.3--------------------- Antifreeze%------------------------------0.0---------------------0.0
Water %-----------------------------------0.0-------------------- Insolubles %------------------------------0.3------------------- TBN-----------------------------------------4.0-------------------->1.0

The Phosphorus above should be 785, my error.

kstanf150, I am very pleased with the Amsoil's performance, it would be cheap at double the price. Now with 584,000 miles on it, purrs like a kitten.

I'm now running Redline in my N/A truck and Amsoil in my Ecoboost Lincoln.

Thanks for your input !!!
Makes us spenders feel good !!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘🤣🤣🤣

I'm just wondering, do you think gas in the oil has cleaned out deposits, fouling the oil? I have never had a problem with the particle counts before.

I'm just wondering, do you think gas in the oil has cleaned out deposits, fouling the oil? I have never had a problem with the particle counts before.

Could possibly be the case here... Maybe the gas in the oil did clean.

Strange indeed about not being able to do the particulate counts.

Do you use the Liqui Moly to help quiet down the motor?

Like I have said before... This is one of the best long running threads on the board.

And it makes my 313,200 mile car look like a low mileage one still:)

Miles on Civic - 582,138 / 936,860 km
Miles on oil - 7,090
Amsoil 0W-30 Signature Series AZO
Amsoil Ea15k20 oil filter
Twin Filtermags CT3.2
AFE Dry Pro S air filter
5 ozs Liquimoly
48 ozs make-up oil

Blackstone Labs; Ah, it's great to find an improvement in the flashpoint. This sample flashed at 360 F, translating to
1.3% fuel, not a cautionary amount, so that helps quell concern over a fuel system issue. Metals are good as ever,
revealing no troublesome changes in wear. It's interesting that this oil was too dirty for us to obtain a Particle Count
(just to verify we ran the sample twice), but that's of little consequence. The oil filter was keeping insolubles low and
the oil itself still worked well (and held up nicely based on the normal viscosity and a 4.0 TBN. All told this engine
still looks fantastic.

Code:
Aluminum-----4-------------4 (universal average)
Chromium-----1------------1
Iron--------------15----------9
Copper----------2-----------3
Lead--------------0-----------2
Tin-----------------0-----------1
Molybdenum----285--------89
Nickel-------------0-----------0
Manganese------0-----------0
Silver--------------0-----------0
Titanium----------0-----------1
Potassium--------2-----------4
Boron--------------66---------51
Silicon--------------8----------11
Sodium------------11---------42
Calcium-----------1361------2110
Magnesium-------1083------172
Phosphorus-------78--------713
Zinc------------------878------832
Barium--------------0----------0

SUS Viscosity @ 210 F------------59.7---------------------54-65(values should be)
cSt Viscosity @ 100 C--------------10.14-------------------8.56-11.9
Flashpoint in F-------------------------360--------------------->385
Fuel %------------------------------------1.3--------------------- Antifreeze%------------------------------0.0---------------------0.0
Water %-----------------------------------0.0-------------------- Insolubles %------------------------------0.3------------------- TBN-----------------------------------------4.0-------------------->1.0
That’s awesome. How long have you been running the dual filter mags?

I can't believe you got this many miles using scamsoil since "they switched". I just can't believe it. You must be lying. Scamsoil is such garbage, blah blah blah. Redline would cause your car to be so much better and fix problems you don't have.

In all seriousness, it's great to see posts like this whether it is Amsoil, M1, Redline, Pennzoil, QS or any other oil. It works for you, keep using it! I am only switching from Amsoil in my cars for a few reasons. One is that my Subarus are new and if I am going to use any Amsoil it will be SS which isn't officially API certified and I don't want to deal with warranty issues which I'm SURE there wouldn't be. The second reason is that my S4 long out of warranty is leaking oil at one of the turbos and until I get it fixed I just drive it every few months, change the oil ~once a year and I got some M1 0W-40 at Costco for a good price plus it is on the VW/Audi approved list. I have been using Amsoil in it since I was out of free oil changes except a few times where I tried T6 and Total. There is a third reason, which isn't as big. I got 2 cars I'm paying for since both Subarus are new. Cost plus kids has me changing the way I spend money. Once daycare is done things may change. I am using Amsoil Oil Filters though since I bought a bunch. Both Subbies and my wife's CR-V use the same filter and oil.

I've enjoyed seeing your updates throughout the years. Incredible how clean your engine bay looks. A lot of that black paint would chip off my B18B1 in my 1995 Integra at 1/3 the miles. I could never keep it clean, especially with our winters. You may pass my Accord soon since I do not drive it as much.

Could possibly be the case here... Maybe the gas in the oil did clean.

Strange indeed about not being able to do the particulate counts.

Do you use the Liqui Moly to help quiet down the motor?

Like I have said before... This is one of the best long running threads on the board.

And it makes my 313,200 mile car look like a low mileage one still:)

bbhero,
I started using LiquiMoly because I understood that it protects the cylinder walls, although it does make the engine
a bit quieter.

bbhero,
I started using LiquiMoly because I understood that it protects the cylinder walls, although it does make the engine
a bit quieter.

Ahh yeah that makes sense...

I added 8 ozs of Liquid Moly mo2 to my car's oil too. The Ceratec in before did quiet down my car's motor. And the mo2 has continued that.. .

That’s awesome. How long have you been running the dual filter mags?

I have been running the dual Filtermags for many years. I was able to get the industrial strength filters due to where I was working at the time.
I have never cut open a filter to see how well they are working, so if anyone wants to give it a go, I will send the next filter to them. Any iron
that can be removed from the oil, will lessen engine polishing (wear) so I recommend magnetic products. (585,000 miles)

585,000 miles

Back