AME 37330 Hub Cleaner for Impact Wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to the product: https://www.amazon.com/AME-37330-Impact-Driven-Surface/dp/B015NK6DDO

Purchased from Amazon for $23.99.

Works great on hub flanges, rotor faces and the backside of wheels. It is conceptually identical for the 3M kit, but is designed to work with a 1/2" impact wrench instead of a drill or a die grinder.

1D206685-1054-43AF-A1B4-76AE36AF3D78.jpeg

Sure looks faster than the wire wheels I've been using...

Do you use anything for future corrosion prevention once they're cleaned up?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14

One product I use quite a bit for stuff like this is Dow Corning Molykote 3451. It is extremely resistant to water wash-out and harmless to most elastomers.The brake disc will come right off the next time they are due for replacement. I also use it between the wheel contact points and the disc itself.

Kind of like a poor man's Krytox but less expensive because it is a fluorosilicone. I find it useful for many automotive applications.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Sure looks faster than the wire wheels I've been using...

I do not. I suppose you can apply some type of dry film, but I try to avoid anything "wet" since it can cause debris to stick.

I use the one from 3M with an air angle grinder, just a different mouse trap. This type of tool works well regardless of manufacturer.
In the salt belt I use a thin coat of never seize after washing the cleaned hub down with brake cleaner. Once the rotor is on and everything tightened up nothing get in between the hub and rotor face. Without it rust starts almost immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back