Amazon Redline 5w30 $41.99/gal

Originally Posted by dogememe
Can almost get AMSOIL Signature Series for that price. Why bother with Redline at that point LOL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Amsoil SS 5w30 is a little over $10 more per gallon. If you want a Group IV/V oil, that's one of the reasons you buy Redline.
It's also one of the reasons you buy Amsoil SS. No the shipping's not free but you do get long drain capability.

Can almost get AMSOIL Signature Series for that price. Why bother with Redline at that point LOL.
Because Redline is a much better oil and doesn't have the pyramid scheme sales BS to go through!

I just got 12 quarts of the 5W30 from Jegs delivered and local tax for $115.92. That's $9.64 a quart, a bargain for an oil that is PAO with a healthy dose of ester. I don't buy oil off of Amazon anymore. Usually involves me sending it back and getting a refund. It will be interesting to see if the folks that order this get a quart instead of a gallon or the cheaper API rated stuff. That is what I mean by scam. Let the buyer beware.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Now it only twice as expensive as the oils and WM and no proof its better. LOL carry on!
Don't forget to use both sides of that toilet paper JJ.

Maybe the discerning customer wants 20% polyol ester versus the <1% found in Amsoil?

Originally Posted by sloinker
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Now it only twice as expensive as the oils and WM and no proof its better. LOL carry on!
Don't forget to use both sides of that toilet paper JJ.
Unlike you I don't have to I've got plenty of money let over after buying the oil that's just as good for less than half of the cost of Red Line even at the "Sale Price" LOL

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Because Redline is a much better oil and doesn't have the pyramid scheme sales BS to go through!
Better how? Rather have the Amsoil in a dd and use Redline for the track. Both are equally good for what they're intended for. To just make a "Redline is a much better oil" statement is ludicrous. Anyway, that's enough of this tit for tat stuff. Cheers.

I must have missed where the OP indicated "everyone should be using Redline" If you use it, here is a good deal, if you don't, that is fine too. It is not clear why others feel compelled to indicate what another's oil needs are.... or what they should buy.

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
I must have missed where the OP indicated "everyone should be using Redline" If you use it, here is a good deal, if you don't, that is fine too. It is not clear why others feel compelled to indicate what another's oil needs are.... or what they should buy.
Not sure why that is either. It's been a common practice for a while now on these forums. Nobody has the right to tell anyone how to spend their money on anything, let alone a bunch of strangers on a message board. 2cents

One may or may not consider this a deal. But with a sense of fellowship a person has posted this to make us aware. If interested in purchasing, do so. If not then ok also. Can I just say, I am not one to use this oil, but I appreciate the OP taking the time to make us aware of the price. Thanks @Subierubyroo.

+1 simplegifts and villalobos. Was just sharing a sale price because I've seen some people enjoy Redline, and I enjoy buying things at a discount. Here I thought somebody would appreciate the heads up... lol, joke's on me smile

What kind of high performance car that would benefit from Redline only uses 4 quarts for an oil change ? A gallon jug is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever seen. I used to buy Redline 5W-30 by the case of 12. My 370Z used 5.5 quarts for an oil change if I changed the filter at the same time and luckily it stopped consuming more than about a half quart every 5000 miles when it got to the 30,000 mile point. Buying a couple of quarts of Redline individually is expensive, so buying a gallon jug plus a couple more quarts for the average oil change is not going to be such a good deal. I'll keep an eye on this particular SKU and wait to see if it goes down to $20 on clearance once they realize that it is a poor seller.

Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye
What kind of high performance car that would benefit from Redline only uses 4 quarts for an oil change ? A gallon jug is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever seen. I used to buy Redline 5W-30 by the case of 12. My 370Z used 5.5 quarts for an oil change if I changed the filter at the same time and luckily it stopped consuming more than about a half quart every 5000 miles when it got to the 30,000 mile point. Buying a couple of quarts of Redline individually is expensive, so buying a gallon jug plus a couple more quarts for the average oil change is not going to be such a good deal. I'll keep an eye on this particular SKU and wait to see if it goes down to $20 on clearance once they realize that it is a poor seller.
So buy several gallons? I don't understand the problem here. I've bought Redline for my old BMW, there is a race shop near my house that sells it for $12.49 a quart or $11.84 per quart when you buy a case. This deal comes out to $10.50 a quart which seems like a bargain to me, if that's the oil you want to buy. If I were still using it I'd buy three gallons, two to fill the sump on the BMW (8 quarts) and one extra for top-off. What is left over at the next due OCI is thrown into the mix.

4WD

I have two that use 8 quarts, two at 6 quarts, and two at 4.2 quarts … So, gallon jugs would not bother me, can make either work.