Amazon Oil Coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JeffKeryk
Why not? Bezos wants to take over the world, and he just might do it.
The oil will track your whereabouts, no doubt.

That sounds more like Facebook oil to me...

Hopefully Microsoft won’t come with a W10, complete with cloud based OLM.....
laugh.gif

And automatically "update" your oil whenever it feels you need it done, whether you wanted it to or not.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: nap
Hopefully Microsoft won’t come with a W10, complete with cloud based OLM.....
laugh.gif

I hope the [censored] not. And I hardly use them to prevent that from happening.

The oil will track your whereabouts, no doubt.

When being the richest just isn't enough!

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Just noticed that Amazonbasics 0W20 and 5W30 are on the dexos1 Gen 2 list, but I don't see them on their website yet.
Same license numbers as some varieties of Mag1, STP, and Supertech synthetics.

https://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2015/

I saw that the other week or so and just presumed they were already selling it. Didn't bother to check, nor do I care enough to.... I was surprised that no one here had mentioned it before or tried it yet but it makes sense since it's not actually available.

Originally Posted By: dogememe
Nice, another quality Warren oil.
Which Warren? There are two Warren outfits blending private-label oils, y'know.

Quick Google search after seeing this thread found a variety of AmazonBasic oil including conventional and synthetic in all of the popular grades.

https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsResultsDetail?accountId=1&companyId=10297&resultsUrl=%2FDirectory%2FEolcsResults%3FaccountId%3D1&Products-page=12&Products-orderBy=BrandName-desc

This also shows it's "sister" oils.

Dang, my Christmas holiday project was to write an e-book on "how to choose your oil off Amazon".

Got half way through it and work got in the way.

Too late now.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Just noticed that Amazonbasics 0W20 and 5W30 are on the dexos1 Gen 2 list, but I don't see them on their website yet.
Same license numbers as some varieties of Mag1, STP, and Supertech synthetics.

https://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2015/

Good catch. Wonder when this will show up for sale and what the pricing may be. Bezos may want aggressive pricing to elbow his way into the market real time. If so, I'll buy.

If it is priced right, I'd be all over it. But I'll bet I can still get better deals locally between clearances and rebates. If I can have a good quality synthetic oil prime shipped to my house for a great price that means I can let me stockpile of clearance oil dwindle. :)

Last edited:
AmazonBasics is for the most part, the best bang for the buck for things like cables.

If this oil is the same as ST and the others WPP bottles up for other private labels, it'll be fine.

Originally Posted By: mrdctaylor
If it is priced right, I'd be all over it. But I'll bet I can still get better deals locally between clearances and rebates. If I can have a good quality synthetic oil prime shipped to my house for a great price that means I can let me stockpile of clearance oil dwindle. :)

If recent trends mean anything, I'd expect this to be listed at the same price as SuperTech at Walmart.

Do the Base Oil Interchange rules allow a syn-blend and full-syn to share the same dexos1 license number?

The Amazon 5w30 matches the dexos1 Gen2 license number (D10386HG025) for:
7-Eleven Full Synthetic
Accel Full Synthetic
Capital Bulk Full Synthetic (Warren Distribution)
Casey's Drive Professional Series Full Synthetic
Federated Auto Parts Full Synthetic
FVP Full Synthetic
Holiday Full Synthetic
Kum & Go Full Synthetic
Lubritek Full Synthetic
Maximo Full Syn
MAG1
Meijer Full Synthetic
Mighty Engine Guard Full Synthetic
Mighty Engine Guard Full Synthetic Blend (note it has the SAME dexos1 license as their Full-Syn product!!)
Parts Master Synthetic
Prime Guard Full Synthetic
Proline Full Synthetic
Roughneck Lubricants Full Synthetic
STP Full Syn
SuperTech Full Syn
UNO Ultra Full Syn
XP Full Syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back