Amazon has a house brand oil ??!!!??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Artem
Looks like typical Walmart Super Tech to me with an Amazon label on it.

which is what it is.

The same WPP synthetic that many house brands are

Originally Posted By: rubberchicken
It only has 8 reviews- not sure how much fakery can be there. Anybody plan on a VOA ?

You missed Laura’s review. She had already done two changes with the oil and it got rid of a knock.

Fake.

It’s the same as Supertech. The price is not worth it though.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: rubberchicken
It only has 8 reviews- not sure how much fakery can be there. Anybody plan on a VOA ?
You missed Laura’s review. She had already done two changes with the oil and it got rid of a knock. Fake. It’s the same as Supertech. The price is not worth it though.
Laura is right about "bobistheoilguy approved". In a way, it is. No official "approval" by this website of course, just those of us who see the specs it passes. ....this oil is re-labeled Walmart SuperTech, and meets dexos1 Gen2 SN+, it is good oil to use.... just nothing special, and you're right its overpriced compared to Walmart's identical product.

So funny its compared to 5 brand name oils and theyre all cheaper. But Laura says we approve of it!!!

Last edited:
Everyone does realize that "Laura" is likely a member here that's mocking people from here ?

Amazon missed the boat on this big time
The pricing is at premium levels and real oil connoisseur's want
a dreamy label with all the certs and specs and want to sit in their recliner and gaze over it for hours.
The bottle gives no illusion that it is unicorn oil

If you ask Alexa for oil (or whatever), it'll suggest an Amazon Choice product. I have no idea if it elevates an Amazon Basics product in what it returns. Maybe the customer does that.

Alexa will always default to Amazon Basics if you don't say a brand name for ___ product. There is a nice profit margin on Amazon Basics products.

Originally Posted By: spackard
If you ask Alexa for oil (or whatever), it'll suggest an Amazon Choice product. I have no idea if it elevates an Amazon Basics product in what it returns. Maybe the customer does that.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Alexa will always default to Amazon Basics if you don't say a brand name for ___ product. There is a nice profit margin on Amazon Basics products

I hadn't thought of that. These days, I use Google's voice assistant (Windows laptop & also Android smartphone based), and both seem to select Mobil1 0w20 when I ask them "What is a good 0w20 oil to use?". Siri on Apple phones/computers might pick something else, don't know.

So does Google get paid by Mobil for recommending their oil on their search engines? I wonder!

Alexa is different since they are more strongly associated with Amazon of course, but Amazon can make money no matter which oil you decide to buy I guess.
Of course, it may explain why Alexa-Amazon's 0w20 house-brand oil is $6 more than Walmart SuperTech 0w20 (identical) oil in the 5-qt size, as Amazon might be making more money off their own AmazonBasics line.

Amazon has a foothold in [censored] near everything. Not to worry though I’m sure their CIA contracts keep it all on the up & up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back