Amazon Accuracy

I've been looking at spark plug wires for my Impala. I see the same couple of sets at all the major auto part stores and all the stores say the wires fit my car. I go to Amazon and they say these don't fit your car. What's odd is that when I almost did the job in 2019, Amazon said the wires did fit my car. I'm sure they fit since but this kind of thing cast a sliver of doubt. I also had this problem with them when I replaced my u-joints. They said the correct joints didn't fit so I paid more somewhere else so i could take them back easily if they didn't fit. Had this happened to anyone else?

Look up the p/n at the manufacturer's website then just search for that specific p/n on Amazon and order them regardless of what their part selector thinks.
That's what I do. The Amazon part selector leaves a lot to the imagination.

Amazon's catalog sucks. Rock Auto has a much better catalog!

NGK wires are awesome. Pair them with Denso or NGK iridium spark plugs (the ACDelcos are NGK iridium)

Reactions: JC1
RockAuto or the auto parts store. Not only is their accuracy problems my friends have had several issues with getting wrong parts or knockoff parts from there. I’m not allowed to order from Amazon so I have no personal experience with that but I have heard multiple people say it.

I've been looking at spark plug wires for my Impala. I see the same couple of sets at all the major auto part stores and all the stores say the wires fit my car. I go to Amazon and they say these don't fit your car. What's odd is that when I almost did the job in 2019, Amazon said the wires did fit my car. I'm sure they fit since but this kind of thing cast a sliver of doubt. I also had this problem with them when I replaced my u-joints. They said the correct joints didn't fit so I paid more somewhere else so i could take them back easily if they didn't fit. Had this happened to anyone else?
Not good cross check your amazon parts elsewhere.

I've run into inaccuracies everywhere, even with the manufacturer on occasion. I usually cross-check between at least three different sources before making a decision.

Back