Airline Fleet/Management in a crisis

Wow. pilottravis, I really feel for your wife, and wish her the best in finding a new gig.

As an A&P mech at Embraer Nashville, I’ve turned a wrench on many an XJT 145.

Astro, wow, tough break for your son-in-law. But, being a Marine Naval Aviator fighter pilot, he’s the best of the best, and I’m quite sure he’ll find a job as a pilot if that’s what he really wants. And, if not, I know he will be very successful at whatever he chooses to do.

I‘m extremely grateful to have been one of the lucky ones who were called back to Embraer after a 4-month furlough. Delivering Amazon packages here in Nashville over the summer was fun, but very happy to be back working on ERJs!

As for the discussion about recovery, I think next month is going to have a massive bearing on our recovery.

What does she plan on doing ?
A career change or stay in aviation ?

I do agree with the government helping the airlines.... but with strings attached.

Hoping to stay in aviation. She was accepted into the UAL's flow through program called Aviate prior to all of this mess so theoretically had a seat at them within a couple years. One of the stipulations was staying with a UAX carrier so has applied to all. Has an offer at Mesa but no class date for the foreseeable future so ???

She's former 135 charter so been applying for things around the S FL area as well but so is the other couple thousand folks looking for work. I'm in airport management and still have a solid position at the moment thankfully so encouraging her to keep trying the flying gig.

Wow. pilottravis, I really feel for your wife, and wish her the best in finding a new gig.

As an A&P mech at Embraer Nashville, I’ve turned a wrench on many an XJT 145.

Astro, wow, tough break for your son-in-law. But, being a Marine Naval Aviator fighter pilot, he’s the best of the best, and I’m quite sure he’ll find a job as a pilot if that’s what he really wants. And, if not, I know he will be very successful at whatever he chooses to do.

I‘m extremely grateful to have been one of the lucky ones who were called back to Embraer after a 4-month furlough. Delivering Amazon packages here in Nashville over the summer was fun, but very happy to be back working on ERJs!

As for the discussion about recovery, I think next month is going to have a massive bearing on our recovery.
Thanks for the support. Only hope for the best in everyone caught up in the shift in employment.

Hoping to stay in aviation. She was accepted into the UAL's flow through program called Aviate prior to all of this mess so theoretically had a seat at them within a couple years. One of the stipulations was staying with a UAX carrier so has applied to all. Has an offer at Mesa but no class date for the foreseeable future so ???

She's former 135 charter so been applying for things around the S FL area as well but so is the other couple thousand folks looking for work. I'm in airport management and still have a solid position at the moment thankfully so encouraging her to keep trying the flying gig.

I had a flow-through yanked about a decade ago, so I suggest she doesn’t count on it and keeps her options open.

WN just announced coming to COS next year. This is very interesting development considering that DEN is so close and they have major operation there.
But, what is more intriguing is that apparently first services will be to Jackson, MS and Savannah, GA.

Last edited:
WN just announced coming to COS next year. This is very interesting development considering that DEN is so close and they have major operation there.
But, what is more intriguing is that apparently first services will be to Jackson, MS and Savannah, GA.

Awesome. I’ve been wanting to climb Pikes Peak again, and this will make it easy! Hopefully there will be a relatively cheap direct flight from BNA.

Awesome. I’ve been wanting to climb Pikes Peak again, and this will make it easy! Hopefully there will be a relatively cheap direct flight from BNA.
Article said Jackson and Savannah. Later they pulled that off. I think it was mistake. If they are coming here I cannot image not having connection to MDW, LAS or DAL.
But this region exploded in the last 10 years, so it was matter of time. I did not anticipate so soon considering their expansion at DEN.

I'll chime in again with the airlines ,pilots and A&P are an asset to the nation for all the skill and training they have achieved.

I'll chime in again with the airlines ,pilots and A&P are an asset to the nation for all the skill and training they have achieved.
I agree.... but layoffs will have to take place for many companies to survive.

We recently hired a guy that was in a community college avionics program and all his job leads dried up early this year. He had no other choice than to make a career change.

Last edited:
Sure, however, there are others who are also asset, if not even more important one, and yet, they are also looking for a job.
As for airlines, I think saving them, with big restrictions, is good policy.

Astro, are you part of vaccine distribution or you just doing regular work?
I’m flying regular trips. Just got back from OGG, LAX, IAH, DEN.

I am very pleased to see United in the press.

We started work on this months ago, leveraging a global network, cargo experience, and the largest international fleet of any US airline. We are the only airline transporting the vaccine for Pfizer.

I’m flying regular trips. Just got back from OGG, LAX, IAH, DEN.

I am very pleased to see United in the press.

We started work on this months ago, leveraging a global network, cargo experience, and the largest international fleet of any US airline. We are the only airline transporting the vaccine for Pfizer.
(y)
I am on the list for 1A distribution, so I'm grateful for the distribution chain if it's approved. I hear Dec 11th is the decision date.

No word yet. I loved flying those. Best flights, EVER!

I suspect you’re right. I may have to ask...
I loved sitting in the gate area next to those flights. I once purposely missed a flight in SFO because I was having too much fun watching the kids, parents, and United employees enjoy the day. Thanks to you and all of United for doing them!

Back