Air filters and shipping damage

I have no luck buying air filters online. They get destroyed during shipping. The boxes are too flimbsy to be shipped.

Something gets thrown on it or they get stepped on.

Anyone else?

Mine have always been shipped inside a regular shipping box and have never had a problem with damage. Source is always Amazon.

Reactions: JC1
Purchased my last Motorcraft filter from RockAuto in June. The filter arrived with Ford E-350, mileage, and date written on the outside of the filter box. I received a used filter, not damaged, just previously owned... Notified them via email and received a new one two days later.

I buy air filters from three sources, www.ipdusa.com for Volvo, www.fcpgroton.com for the Mercedes, and my Toyota dealer for the Tundra.

IPD and FCP package and ship filters carefully. Never an issue.

Obviously, getting one off the dealer shelf is safe, too

I got some smashed ones from ebay. Shipped in the box they are in on the shelf.

The filter boxes are very thin and can't give any shipping protection. The ebay sellers shipping them out that way should get out of the business of selling and shipping items. Might want to contact the seller and complain and ask for a new one shipped right. Might also be a good idea to contact any potential seller and ask how they ship out their air filters before buying from them.

The parts houses generally know how to ship properly. The good ones even ship fluid containers inside heat-sealed plastic bags for insurance.

That's where I usually get air filters, so no problems.

Amazon can be hit or miss. Their penchant, lately, is to ship as much as they can in their blue/white bubble mailer envelopes.

They shipped me an O2 sensor that way and the thin outer cardboard box was crushed. It threw a CE a light, so i sent it back. The replacement also came in the same packaging, but was intact. despite the repeated improper packaging First one was sent by UPS MI, so it and the USPS also had custody as well. The second came through AMZ logistics.

Last edited:
Back