Air filter service life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he invented them, you know
lol.gif

I finally just replaced my OEM air filter at 45000 miles on a Civic EX 1995 with 192,000 miles. Suprisingly it was not very dirty in appearence. I notice no significant difference in power or mileage. I used a STP filter but the glued connections looked pretty chinzy on it. My choice in STP was based on a decent reputation with SuperTech Oil filters.

quote:

Originally posted by harper:
My choice in STP was based on a decent reputation with SuperTech Oil filters.

I don't think that it really matters if the filter comes in the Fram, STP or any other box.
Because STP, Fram, Baldwin don't really manufacture all of their filters anymore.
In my local Autozone I went through multiple STP and Fram boxes and found the air filters made in Israel, Korea and USA (still in majority)with all kinds of filtering media:

- regular white paper(Fram, STP from USA)
- reddish paper (STP from Korea)
- reddish paper (STP from UK)
- yellowish paper (STP, Fram)
- puffy, thick material (STP, Fram from Korea and Israel), the most expensive of the bunch

I was looking for a filter for my application made in Israel or Korea with that puffy thick material to no avail.
It seems that those major brands started to import and resell certain foreign made air filters as if their own.
And it looks like Baldwin follows that practice
hence the differences in the filter media in filters coming from the same brand but disigned for different applications.

[ June 20, 2003, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: vad ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back