Air compressor

I have a puma te-8030hge compressor, iv done some searching on here about comp oils and read some on nd oils, mostly older posts. My comp is for work and play it's a truck mounted service comp.my comp has less than 8 hours run time in the last 18 months and I just changed the oil for the second time with nd30, there was a decent amount of metal spakles and a few flakes. I'm not too concerned about that , just interested in the current suggestions on oils avail . I'm going to flush it out a few times and then put a good quality oil in it, Thanks for your input!

My 5 hp ingersol has to have a synthetic oil in it. But the industrial Quincy at work which is running 24/7 non stop runs on a straight mineral oil 20 wt. It gets changed once a year. Im wondering if you shouldn't have a lighter oil for the splash system?

Originally Posted By: dave123
RP Synfilm 100 good stuff highly recommend

That's going in my big compressor this spring.

I spent a while reading today all over different forums, definitely going to end up with ams schaeffer or rp nd, just gotta figure out which wt. I just mounted it in an enclosed trailer yesterday with the fam about 5 in off the wall. The comp will be used in savannah georgia mostly so outside temp will be between 50 and 110, usually,on the warmer side ( esp inside the trailer) thanks again

Yes, but hard to get up here, unfortunately! At least up here, it's not distributed through ordinary RP channels.

Originally Posted By: Garak

Yes, but hard to get up here, unfortunately! At least up here, it's not distributed through ordinary RP channels.
I use Jegs when ordering for RP or Red Line products

I know this is an old thread but evidently this forum does not move very fast but I would run a synthetic oil or at least a semi-syn especially for being mounted on a service truck. We have an Ingersoll Rand 80 gallon 2 stage compressor at work and we just use their oil which is a synthetic oil but not cheap by any means. I have a new Campbell Hausfeld 60 gallon single stage that the manual says that I can run their oil which is just a 30w conventional oil or I can use a full synthetic 10w30 such as Mobil 1.

real synthetic 30W's meet the 10-30 spec, but since its rarely changed usually + holds little a quality real synthetic is a good choice IMO + compressor will run cooler + prolly last longer with less changes according to my reading

Back