Aging - What the ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
49 years old

I'm just curious and I know it depends on a lot of factors but I have noticed over the last year or so I'm forgetting little things, not everyday just the odd little
thing. I don't want to panic and I know it is part of the normal aging process but have Alzheimer's in family and when I forget something my mine
goes to oh no, early Alzheimers. Hard to know what 'normal' is (acceptable amount of forgetting).

I know there isn't much I can do about it (I'm healthy) but just wanted to hear what others are experiencing.

... that reminds me, I forgot to get my coffee this morning.
lol.gif

Next time you see a doctor ask him or her about it. There are some simple tests they can do in the office to see if it warrants further investigation.

Now if you go into the bathroom and then forget why you went in there, then I would worry.

You could easily chalk it up to having more things to think about. IMO some amount cognitive decline is normal but it's the rate which matters. Just drink coffee and play video games all day. That'll keep you sharp.
grin2.gif

I write things on a card so I wont forget and then I forget the card but, then I'm 81. Believe me whey I say it doesn't get better as you grow older. Ha

Two older couples are playing cards one evening at the home of one of the couples. After one of the hands, the wives get up and go to the kitchen to prepare a light snack for the four of them. While they are in the kitchen, one older guy starts bragging to the other.

"I took my wife to the best restaurant ever last night! It was fantastic. They had the best food, the wine was out of this world and the service was the best we ever had in a restaurant."

"Wow," says the other. "What was the name of this place? I'd like to take my wife there."

"Oh, geez, I knew you'd ask me. Lets see, it was, uh, uh, let me think. Oh shoot, it grows in your flower garden, usually has red blooms and thorns on the stems."

"A rose?", says the other guy.

"Yeah, thats it. Hey Rose, what was the name of that restaurant I took you to the other night?"

Here's my definition of being old, when you get out of bed in the morning , and hear all that popping and squeaking ,remember this it's not the floor it's you.
TOMB

I am 55. I used to remember everything. When I hit late 40s that started to change. My doctor said "don't worry if you can't find your car keys, worry if you can't remember what they are used for."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back