Aging - What the ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by billt460
When you start putting your car keys in the fridge, then start worrying.

They always use that as an example, but I could see that happening if you have your keys in the same hand as groceries. I had global temporal amnesia five years ago (at 69) and they ran a CT scan. Showed my brain had shrunk and was turning from a cauliflower to a cantaloupe--not as many ridges. When I checked with my doctor I was told that everyone's brain starts shrinking and evening out from the mid-thirties, so there. I figure you have about as much pure computing power in your brain in your teenage years and you spend the rest of your days getting stupider and wiser.

Last edited:
I am 72. Now I will tell you , uh, what were we taking about?

It's something that runs on my father's side of the family. Worries me too. I can't remember anything, or I think about stuff at an inconvenient time then I completely forget. I make sure to have all of my bills auto paid.

But by the logic of 3 cups of coffee reducing the risk, I bet I have a negative chance of getting it at this point!

Originally Posted by billt460
When you start putting your car keys in the fridge, then start worrying.

I've always accidentally put stuff in the fridge. If I'm not thinking what I'm doing, it is just a natural thing. Treat it all as food that will spoil. Toilet paper, laptop. You name it.

My hard drive is full.
Whenever I have to remember something new, I have to forget something old.

are you really healthy?? most Drs are more about profits than your health, that said don't panic as everyone can better their selves. even trim healthy looking people can be skinny fat, trim outside but from a poor diet can be insulin resistant. lots of info on the web to learn so relax, we all are a bit forgetful at times with things we care little about. many prescriptions like unnecessary medications for cholesterol have bad effects. on a personal side hows your love life-aka hormones have a big effect how we feel + function as we age + male hormones normally decrease with age + we make or actually convert testosterone to estradiol as we get older which puts the dampers on free testosterone which is what counts. you need not be a muscle head to need + use small amounts of testosterone as we age + control estradiol as well. T Nation is about lifting + being really strong but they have a lot of truthful info on testosterone replacement therapy!! lots of books as well which is where i first learned about it. The Testosterone Syndrome by Eugen Shippen MD recently retired + William Fryer has good info for sure!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by coopns
49 years old

I'm just curious and I know it depends on a lot of factors but I have noticed over the last year or so I'm forgetting little things, not everyday just the odd little
thing. I don't want to panic and I know it is part of the normal aging process but have Alzheimer's in family and when I forget something my mine
goes to oh no, early Alzheimers. Hard to know what 'normal' is (acceptable amount of forgetting).

I know there isn't much I can do about it (I'm healthy) but just wanted to hear what others are experiencing.

I think our resident carpet and flooring expert, SteveSRT8, has posted in the past about his wife's research and positive results of using coconut oil with older people with dementia/Alzheimer's.

I am 51, going on 52 in a few weeks.

I noticed some of the things you noted in my mid 40's. It could be a medical situation, but more than likely, that is the natural progression of aging.

Every person I know in my age bracket has been going through the same general issues.

Originally Posted by pandus13
49 years old

I'm just curious and I know it depends on a lot of factors but I have noticed over the last year or so I'm forgetting little things, not everyday just the odd little
thing. I don't want to panic and I know it is part of the normal aging process but have Alzheimer's in family and when I forget something my mine
goes to oh no, early Alzheimers. Hard to know what 'normal' is (acceptable amount of forgetting).

I know there isn't much I can do about it (I'm healthy) but just wanted to hear what others are experiencing.

I think our resident carpet and flooring expert, SteveSRT8, has posted in the past about his wife's research and positive results of using coconut oil with older people with dementia/Alzheimer's.

Good or bad?

Originally Posted by Miller88
Originally Posted by pandus13
49 years old

Good or bad?

I was under the impression good?

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
My headset is shorting out.

A friend taught me the only Native American words I know.

I slaughter it every time I try and say it.
Ends up (using your spelling) Yah-Tah-Hey how ya doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back