"Aggressive" A/T tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: meep
Those KO2's definitely look enticing, and the line is well past due for an update. They don't yet have a lot of sizes available. BFG's web page on them also suggests good MPG is not a concern for this tire. It will be one of my top choices in 1-2 years.

Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar for some reason gets *outstanding* reviews. It just doesn't look like much of an A/T pattern. Looks like any radial passenger tire from 1982.

Jeepman3071 nailed it on the Grabber AT/2. I hear the exact same from folks I know here who have them. I've never heard anyone say they didn't like them.

I had a set of Revo2's (b'stone) on a jeep that saw a little off road every 3-4 weeks or so. I quite liked them, though there was a definite MPG hit. My wear seemed normal, but they are often reviewed for poor life. As the prices have fallen, I could consider a set in the running for myself, maybe LT variant hoping for longer wear.

GoodYear M/T also gets really good reviews, though after having ridden in a wrangler unlimited (longer wheelbase) with them I won't go that route. Very soft sidewalls, which to me won't do on a truck if you ever carry a load or tow.

The yokohama tire is respectable.... Geolander? They seem to have very uniform manufacturing and QC. They review well. There was a pair on my truck, well worn, when I bought it. They were quiet and reasonably comfortable. They did not track nearly as well as the destination LEs on there now, and wet traction was an issue. Again, they were well worn. A buddy of mine ran a set on a late model tahoe.... he found them to wander too much at hwy speeds.

For me it will likely come down to BFGs, and everyone else 2nd choice, but I'd like to see some real world feedback on mpg hit first.

Don't let the looks of the Wrangler Silent Armor fool you. They are much better off road than the much more aggressive looking Big O Big Foot AT's(Couser AT's, Cooper AT's)that they replaced on my truck.

Originally Posted By: cb_13
Originally Posted By: meep
Those KO2's definitely look enticing, and the line is well past due for an update. They don't yet have a lot of sizes available. BFG's web page on them also suggests good MPG is not a concern for this tire. It will be one of my top choices in 1-2 years.

Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar for some reason gets *outstanding* reviews. It just doesn't look like much of an A/T pattern. Looks like any radial passenger tire from 1982.

Jeepman3071 nailed it on the Grabber AT/2. I hear the exact same from folks I know here who have them. I've never heard anyone say they didn't like them.

I had a set of Revo2's (b'stone) on a jeep that saw a little off road every 3-4 weeks or so. I quite liked them, though there was a definite MPG hit. My wear seemed normal, but they are often reviewed for poor life. As the prices have fallen, I could consider a set in the running for myself, maybe LT variant hoping for longer wear.

GoodYear M/T also gets really good reviews, though after having ridden in a wrangler unlimited (longer wheelbase) with them I won't go that route. Very soft sidewalls, which to me won't do on a truck if you ever carry a load or tow.

The yokohama tire is respectable.... Geolander? They seem to have very uniform manufacturing and QC. They review well. There was a pair on my truck, well worn, when I bought it. They were quiet and reasonably comfortable. They did not track nearly as well as the destination LEs on there now, and wet traction was an issue. Again, they were well worn. A buddy of mine ran a set on a late model tahoe.... he found them to wander too much at hwy speeds.

For me it will likely come down to BFGs, and everyone else 2nd choice, but I'd like to see some real world feedback on mpg hit first.

Don't let the looks of the Wrangler Silent Armor fool you. They are much better off road than the much more aggressive looking Big O Big Foot AT's(Couser AT's, Cooper AT's)that they replaced on my truck.

I'll second this. On my work truck, they have sustained a constant barrage of off-roading, high speed use, and all variety of winter conditions

Originally Posted By: buck91
Smoke, does that mean you are going with the A/T3's?

Still hoping to find a tire which would be a little better for Michigan's loamy, wet soil when off the pavement. But those AT3's really do drive NICE.

Unless something else comes up that can do all the A/T3's can for the same price, that is my inclination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back