Advance Auto now selling Die Hard Batteries

Occasionally the saga of Sears & Roebuck comes up and the brand name Die Hard is mentioned.

I just received an emailed ad from AAP announcing that they are now selling Die Hard Batteries.

I wonder if and how monies changed hands.

Tracking where the names Craftsman, Kenmore, Weatherbeater and Die Hard end up might be interesting.

Thanks for posting. I received an email today from AAP. And thanks for spell AAP correctly!

But I liked Autocraft batteries just fine.
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by Leo99
Thanks for posting. I received an email today from AAP. And thanks for spell AAP correctly!

What?? It's not Advanced Auto Parts
lol.gif

When they were sold at Sears they were made by either JC or Eastern Penn (Deka) The part numbers were identical other than the JC or EP in it. The EP were far superior.
My gut feeling is if AA has their fingers in it they will be made to a lower price/higher profit point. Buy the Napa battery, they are EP and good quality.

Wow $221 for a Group 78 AGM, guess they have to recoup that 200 million.

O'Reily $199
Napa $189 - this is the only one that says it's made by East Penn on their website that I can see. If you need a battery Napa has a $25 rebate.

Last edited:
walmart (n)Everstarts are made by east penn now in most locations, look for EP on the serial number, most batteries with 2year warranty are $80

Walmart scares me with their arm twisting of manufacturers to lower the price, most give in and cheapen the product.
There was a big name lawn mower company (I don't remember the name) that told Walmart to go pound sand and pulled out of Walmart sales before trashing their good name. They are not alone, HD, Lowes, etc all do it.
Napa seems to go for a little better quality rather than lower price as most of their business is commercial.

Originally Posted by CT8
Costco still sell Interstate batteries?

They do here in Silicon Valley; they are the only ones I buy.
I think they are $90 exchange.

Originally Posted by Trav
When they were sold at Sears they were made by either JC or Eastern Penn (Deka) The part numbers were identical other than the JC or EP in it. The EP were far superior.
My gut feeling is if AA has their fingers in it they will be made to a lower price/higher profit point. Buy the Napa battery, they are EP and good quality.

True ^^^^^^^^

Federated Auto parts have East Penn batteries as well.... And prices are quite good.

$117 for a group 24f battery with a 3 yr free replacement warranty.

$89 for a group 24f battery with a 2 yr free replacement warranty.

The name Diehard has no meaning anymore. It's just a brand name sold to the highest bidder. Craftsman is the same thing.

Walmart scares me with their arm twisting of manufacturers to lower the price, most give in and cheapen the product.
There was a big name lawn mower company (I don't remember the name) that told Walmart to go pound sand and pulled out of Walmart sales before trashing their good name. They are not alone, HD, Lowes, etc all do it.
Napa seems to go for a little better quality rather than lower price as most of their business is commercial.

I think it was Snapper?

Originally Posted by Slick17601

I think it was Snapper?

Probably Toro

Originally Posted by Slick17601

I think it was Snapper?

Yes it was.

https://www.fastcompany.com/54763/man-who-said-no-wal-mart

Back