Adhesive for touch panels/pads?

D60

This isn't exactly "mechanical" but I didn't really feel it was "automotive electrical" either... anyway I know the mods will stick it where they want

I need to re-adhere this pad to my ARB freezer/fridge. Recos for a product? It doesn't directly touch a circuit board but there's one back there below the blue plastic.

Ideally it could be pried/peeled off again as that's the only way to access the board if necessary.

Do I want some flavor of a VHB? Or is that pretty much permanent? A clear, electrically safe silicone maybe? It may be difficult to hold/clamp securely while waiting for a prolonged cure time given the landscape of the cooler
20230612_185651.jpg

Rubber cement, let it get a bit tacky before setting in place to decrease the need for clamping. However if it's the old, high VOC type, I'd use it in an inconspicuous area to see if it damages the backing color, or just use the low VOC type meant for crafts.

Ordered! Also, any recos for removing the old stuff from the touch pad? Or can I likely leave it?
You should remove the old adhesive. Depending on how brittle it is you may want to use Goo Gone. If the old adhesive is still sticky you can probably remove it with finger friction. The transfer adhesive is very sticky. Cut pieces off the roll with nonstick scissors or with a #11 X-Acto blade. You can also trim excess adhesive with the #11 blade before you remove the transfer carrier paper. You do have to cut through the paper carrier and the adhesive.

Reactions: D60
Back