Additives for intermittent P0420 on Toyota 3.0 V6

Originally Posted by painfx

Is this vehicle a 4Runner?

No. 1MZ-FE Avalon. Were 4Runner's ever made with a 3.0 liter V6?

Originally Posted by Jarpin

My bad.

Good luck on the P0420 code though...

Originally Posted by Jarpin

For several years.

The 3.0 3VZE, a SOHC FI V-6 engine, was a staple of the 2nd generation 4 Runner, between 1988-1995. It was also used in the T100 pickup truck.

It was the basis for the 3.0 3VZFE, the first 3.0 V-6 in the Camry, which added DOHC.

Originally Posted by Astro14

For several years.

The 3.0 3VZE, a SOHC FI V-6 engine, was a staple of the 2nd generation 4 Runner, between 1988-1995. It was also used in the T100 pickup truck.

It was the basis for the 3.0 3VZFE, the first 3.0 V-6 in the Camry, which added DOHC.

Wow.... learned something new today... Thanks Mr. Astro.

So I just got back from a 1700 mile round trip vacation. While I was there, driving around in city traffic, CEL came on. I decided to dump a bottle of Chevron Techron in it, along with the Chevron mid grade for the drive home. 60 miles on IH-10, and code gone! I get back into town on Saturday night, and drive around town yesterday...code back again! Drive to work today on the highway 20 minutes.... code gone again! So apparently, stop and go driving triggers it, and highway cruising resets it. At this point, I'm ready to go full Scotty Kilmer and pour in a gallon of paint thinner on a half tank of gas to see if it helps dissolve any crud in the sensors or inside the CAT. Has anyone tried it?
2 bottles of redline sl-1 back to back in two tanks.

Back