Accord AC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
On recently acquired 07 Accord, AC is throwing warm air, it gets slightly cold but then again it's warm.

Could it be that system needs a charge? Or can be something else? Appreciate any advice and help.
thumbsup2.gif

You have to measure the refrigerant pressure.
There is a tool called pressure gauge specifically made for checking AC system.

There is no way to determine from your information given to us, all we know is that the AC is not working.

If you ask here, I suspect, you don't have the tool.
So you need to buy it or bring it to someone who has the tool and knowledge to use it.
That someone can be a mechanic shop or a friend.

So, if there is no pressure, why?
Is there leaks, or the compressor gave up or the clutch in the compressor give up, etc.
For leaks, we need to investigate where.
You can use sniffer or put dye on the refrigerant then use a special uv light to see it.

Last edited:
I think some of the auto stores have a loaner for AC gauges and I can get those to test the system, have seen some youtube videos on it.

Yes, I do not have the tools(gauges) .

A/C do lose refrigerant through compressor shaft seal over time, most top-off starter kits come with a handy gauge to tell you when to
charge the system while the engine is on powering the compressor. It's a 1-2-3 kind of procedure. Re-charged a warm air
blowing ancient Infiniti last summer & it's still blowing cold air today. You do need to know how many ounces are needed to
get to full capacity. (the Infiniti was 16.+.) sometimes you need to buy the kit with gauge plus an extra bottle to fully charge the system.

Originally Posted by madRiver
A simple issue common is bad ac relay. I believe it's around $10 for a new one.

Any idea what are the symptoms of it?

Usual source of leaks are the Schrader valves...

These can be replaced without opening the system,
but specialized tools are needed..

Honda had a problem with A/C compressor clutches during that era. They have a warranty extension for this problem on some models. There are several Youtubes from people showing how to diagnose and repair the problem on the cheap.

Check if the compressor is staying engaged. If the compressor doesn't engage it could be the relay or other electrical problem. If the compressor is turning but it doesn't cool, then you need to get pressure readings.

Also the condenser fans should run continuously or most of the time (depending on system design) when the car is sitting still with the A/C on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back