Accidentally gone 13000 miles since last oil change

life was quite bumpy the past year, that I just realized today that I went 21000km (13000 miles) on cheap 15w40 A3/B4 in my Mercedes Benz om605

I've been used to change oil and at 7500km due to WVO usage but for now it looks and sounds perfectly fine. I will change it next week and report back :)

My guess based on similar situations reported here is no harm done. You can always take a 3 oz sample when draining it and send it to a lab for analysis, just in case you're curious. But if the results come back clean you may be tempted to run 20,000 km intervals!

life was quite bumpy the past year, that I just realized today that I went 21000km (13000 miles) on cheap 15w40 A3/B4 in my Mercedes Benz om605

I've been used to change oil and at 7500km due to WVO usage but for now it looks and sounds perfectly fine. I will change it next week and report back :)
Member Stumpy went well over 12k on 15w40. I think you will be fine.

Say 10 Hail Mary’s and 5 Our fathers. Add a little extra in the Sunday collection and all will be forgiven………

I would assume the oil did well & you probably racked up mostly highway miles since the timing flew by. A UOA would help determine how it did but 13k is up to the task for a 15w-40 A3/B4 in a car.

Well, get it changed PDQ!
Also, put one of those stickers in the upper left corner of the windshield so you don't forget again.

finally changed it. looked better than modern oils in modern cars, but I had for the first time seen something like a tiny amount of sludge around fuel filter internal orings

finally changed it. looked better than modern oils in modern cars, but I had for the first time seen something like a tiny amount of sludge around fuel filter internal orings
Then I hope you filled with cheap conventional again, just change it out in say 5k km and then go back to your usual schedule.

So a slight variation on a well worn question. Guy bought a car just before the lockdown, left it parked and then ran it with the factory fill oil for about a year more till he racked up just 5k miles .. after which the oil was changed before he’s offering it for sale. The engine looks clean to the extent I saw - no sludge or gunk on the dipstick. What are the long term implications? (Tiny NA 1.5 Honda ivtec gas engine)

Back