AC Delco Water Pump, Made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc

But I question if we've really made that much progress when a GM SUV that cost $30,000 - $50,000 new - have water pumps that last 50K miles or less.
frown.gif

No doubt. I would get angry if my waterpump failed before the t-belt interval. Because to replace the waterpump on Honda's, you have to remove the t-belt. It's a fairly easy Saturday afternoon job, but if you're paying labor at a shop your wallet WILL take a hit.

Weren't water pumps belt driven on the old GM V8's? It's been so long since I've worked on one that I can't remember. Stuck under the hood of Hondas for too long. ;-)

Originally Posted By: johnd
Incidentally, "assembled in the U.S.A." often means unpacked or reboxed.

It's a little bit more than that. "Assembled" means put together with foreign and/or domestic parts in the U.S.A.

Originally Posted By: rpn453
Canadian-made F.A.G. bearings.
haha,reminds me of when i bought some of these bearings for my motorcycle. The counter guy said that anyone caught calling them *ag bearings at the factory were fined 50.00!

Last edited:
I got the water pump in there. It probably took about 20 hours using a Haynes manual, but at least half of the time was spent trying to figure out what to do or how to do it. I highly recommend using a factory service manual for a job like this. The Haynes missed many details and steps, and even had steps out of order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back