AAP Rotella Gas Truck Clearance

I bought a 5 quart jug for .48 cents OTD after using a $10 speed perks coupon. Cashier was like Whoa! Big Spender In Here! I doubt shell rebates will approve, give it a shot, Perhaps they will ease up on the rules...

They cleared that stuff off the shelves here many months ago. I´m surprised they didn´t clear it out nationally. Or did they restock it after the first round?

Originally Posted by IndyFan
They cleared that stuff off the shelves here many months ago. I´m surprised they didn´t clear it out nationally. Or did they restock it after the first round?
Really ?? RGT @ AAP is collecting dust here in Dallas area. If it drops under $10 ill bite wink Not a big fan of RGT or at least my trucks dont like it. But 5qts of full syn UNDER $10 is a DEAL thumbsup Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GMguy84
Really ?? RGT @ AAP is collecting dust here in Dallas area. If it drops under $10 ill bite wink Not a big fan of RGT or at least my trucks dont like it. But 5qts of full syn UNDER $10 is a DEAL thumbsup Dave
Ok, now I remember, it was Advance Auto, not AA where I got it. I got it for $10 each for the jugs and $2 for the singles. I picked up some 0w20, 5w20, and 5w30. Then I got $20 rebates for two of the jugs, too. I also paid with rewards, so essentially, I was paid $10 each for two of the jugs! I'll have to slip into an AA and see if I can find more of it. I've got it in my two Wranglers, right now. 5w20 in the JK and 0w20 in the JL. I'll do a UOA on the JL ultimately. It'll be either at 5k or maybe 7500-8k if I wait that long.

Originally Posted by GMguy84
Ok, now I remember, it was Advance Auto, not AA where I got it. I got it for $10 each for the jugs and $2 for the singles. I picked up some 0w20, 5w20, and 5w30. Then I got $20 rebates for two of the jugs, too. I also paid with rewards, so essentially, I was paid $10 each for two of the jugs! I'll have to slip into an AA and see if I can find more of it. I've got it in my two Wranglers, right now. 5w20 in the JK and 0w20 in the JL. I'll do a UOA on the JL ultimately. It'll be either at 5k or maybe 7500-8k if I wait that long.
RGT was on clearance at AZ (Autozone) back in Nov '19 and AZ was a participating retailer for the Shell rebates. AAP (Advance Auto Parts) is not a participating retailer for the '20 rebate program. YMMV

Also got a 5 quart jug for $.45 cents using a $10 speed perk reward. ...‚ Once again...oil stash growing faster than I can deplete it.

Thanks for posting this. I picked up two jugs of 5W-30 at $10.45 each and 4 qts of 0W-20 at $2.45 each, all dated late 2018.

I've got to quit buying clearance oil! With the coronavirus lockdown, we're not putting any miles on vehicles, and one vehicle only gets driven a couple thousand miles a year during normal times. I already gave away two jugs of this AZ oil that was free after rebate, but nearly every single person I know pays for a quick lube to change the oil in their vehicles.

Reactions: JC1
Picked up 4 qts SHELL RGT 0w-20 @ $2.45 each . All dated Oct. 2018 . Gotta give 'em a good shakin' before use . Thanks again .