A few additional flavors of Lays potato chips

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Spicy lobster
Sweet basil
Shrimp
Cheese, butter, and Carmel popcorn.

The sweet basil has chili in it, much too hot for my tolerance of heat.

The cheese, butter, and Carmel popcorn potato chips were amazing , tasted exactly like the respective popcorn, almost like a Willie Wonka invention.
IMG_20221206_132151.jpg
IMG_20221206_132111.jpg
IMG_20221206_132339.jpg
IMG_20221206_132031.jpg
popcorn. Almost a Willie Wonka like invention.

Yum! I've found Europe and Asian potato chip flavors to be...interesting. Is that a Sofitel you're staying at?

Surprised there was no pumpkin spice. Sweet potato chips would be interesting.
They actually have them and they are made from real sweet potatoes...They are not made by Lays and have purchased them at Wal Mart...

Any telling where those Lay's were made?

In my megar travels, the curry Pringles in the UK are the "foreignest flavor" I've seen.

When I was a kid, 3 lb. blocks of butter and plastic bags of milk in Canada seemed so outlandish.

Any telling where those Lay's were made?

In my megar travels, the curry Pringles in the UK are the "foreignest flavor" I've seen.

When I was a kid, 3 lb. blocks of butter and plastic bags of milk in Canada seemed so outlandish.
The letters are Thai so my guess is either made in Thailand, or sold in Thailand.

Reactions: GON
Did you try the shrimp ones? I wonder if they taste like these:

1670339216347.jpg

Reactions: GON
Lay's American flavor offerings are pretty conservative, and frankly, boring, considering what they offer around the world in Asia or the UK. Doritos, too.

There are some pretty odd ones, and some that might not suit the paletes here, but some, like the meat-inspired flavors (beef, chicken, bacon) might work.

Lay's American flavor offerings are pretty conservative, and frankly, boring, considering what they offer around the world in Asia or the UK. Doritos, too.

There are some pretty odd ones, and some that might not suit the paletes here, but some, like the meat-inspired flavors (beef, chicken, bacon) might work.
3 or 4 years ago Lays did have some meat ones, even a chicken tikka masala. Maybe just on the west coast. A few other cool ones as well. Next time at Fred Meyer or Safeway, QFC, etc will check

3 or 4 years ago Lays did have some meat ones, even a chicken tikka masala. Maybe just on the west coast. A few other cool ones as well. Next time at Fred Meyer or Safeway, QFC, etc will check

Asian markets will import some of those flavors, and in general, some interesting stuff not sold here.

I was not pleased when Hershey sucessfully sued and pressured to stop the import of real Cadbury's choolate, instead of the licensed stuff they make here.

Back