9mm choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have S&W M&P 9mm. It has interchangeable grips and aftermarket grips. Takedown without tools, you might need a pen or stick to push a lever if you can't reach it with your finger. And the stick tool is included in the grip.

I think all the pistols are equally accurate as long as the ergonomics agree with you.

I've been to the range with the Glock 17, Ruger SR9, P320 and XDM. My favorite out of those was the P320 followed by the SR9. Any Glock in my hand doesn't feel right, The angle of the grip is weird and it feels like i'm holding a 2x4, just a odd grip.

The XDM was ok, I'm not a fan of the grip texture though.

Have you thought about the Smith and Wesson M&P 9 M2.0 pistols? Those are my favorite and what I would choose over all of the above. They are the most comfortable to me and are a real pleasure to shoot, easy to clean etc.

I couldn't understand why the S&W M&P 9 wasn't on the list either. Mine, a shield, though not the 2.0, has been perfect the three years I have owned it.

Last edited:
Glock 19 all day...you should triple check it for empty before trying to strip it anyway. Gun safety is 99 percent between your ears and about 1 percent the design of the weapon.

1) CZ-75
2) CZ-75
3) CZ-75
4) Beretta 92
5) S&W M&P 9
6) Springfield XD-9
7) Glock 19
8) Taurus PT-92

Originally Posted by CELICA_XX
Absolutely.

If you can't exercise proper gun safety while disassembling your weapon, you shouldn't be handling a gun to begin with.

I think all responsible gun owners would agree.

^ Total agreement.

If taken from your list, the Glock 19 hands down. Did you consider the Glock 26?
Smaller size, easy to conceal, and it takes the Glock extended magazines for those times when more firepower is needed.

Don't let the disassemble procedure taint your decision........you've heard of "measure twice, cut once"? Well "check twice, pull once"!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bradepb
Originally Posted by CT8
What is the big deal about pulling the trigger to dissemble the slide?

Forget to clear the chamber and you will find out.Not bashing,I own Glocks.

Basic safety measure to check the chamber before handling a gun.

SMH

Personally haven't shot all of those but out of all 9mm I have shot Beretta 92 or Taurus one that is a knock has been my favorite. Accurate and nice shooting. All depends on what you want self defense may not require these attributes. I have a Glock 21 which is 45 acp for serious situations but it's a handful and large to pack. I also have a Ruger LC9 for small decent power. The Ruger does feel like a toy compared to the Glock but it is a very small gun designed for carry. Glock is not at all accurate IMO. Lousy sights and just not accurate.

Thanks for your input. I like to only pull the trigger to fire the gun and nothing else. Yes, I know, being responsible is key but eliminating the chance of having to touch the trigger to disassemble is important to me. In the hospital where I work there is a patient in critical care because she was accidentally shot while her boyfriend was showing her how to disassemble his gun. After seeing that, I'll take a gun where you don't have to touch the trigger to disassemble.

The gun that I'm drooling over is the Sig P320. It feels well in my hands and isn't too heavy, like some Sig. Haven't fired it, but people say it is very accurate out of the box and very reliable. My 2nd choice is one of the Rugers. I like the Sec9 just for the price tag alone. Usage will be mostly range time and for home defense. Might consider carrying in the future.

Dry firing at home is a great practice tool. If the dude at the hospital had followed the rules he wouldn't have shot anyone; even if he were to have a negligent discharge trying to disassemble the gun. You shouldn't let emotions guide your gun choices.

Originally Posted by Eosyn

The gun that I'm drooling over is the Sig P320.

You said you wanted a gun that's fun, and Glocks are the most boring guns on the planet.

If you're drooling over the P320 now but don't buy it now, you'll probably still be drooling over it later and buy it later, so you may as well buy it now.

From that list XDM and 320 would be my 2 choices.

CZ 75 would be what I would actually buy in a double stack...

9mm 1911's are fun...

Originally Posted by hatt
Dry firing at home is a great practice tool. You shouldn't let emotions guide your gun choices.

Yes, dry firing is great. I do it with my SR22 often. While it's true I shouldn't let emotions guide my gun choices, I'm looking at it as learning from others' mishaps.

Originally Posted by DejaVue

If you're drooling over the P320 now but don't buy it now, you'll probably still be drooling over it later and buy it later, so you may as well buy it now.

I like your reasoning
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
From that list XDM and 320 would be my 2 choices.
9mm 1911's are fun...

oh, I like 1911's too. I need to look into those.

The gun that I'm drooling over is the Sig P320. It feels well in my hands and isn't too heavy, like some Sig. Haven't fired it, but people say it is very accurate out of the box and very reliable. My 2nd choice is one of the Rugers. I like the Sec9 just for the price tag alone. Usage will be mostly range time and for home defense. Might consider carrying in the future.

The P320 is a great choice. I've fired them a few times and a buddy of mine has owned one for years, nice guns. They also come in a carry platform. If you are thinking of carrying in the future, check that out. IMO, the regular P320 is way too bulky to conceal carry.

Cool thing is if you do get a full size P320, you can always swap out the trigger group in your P320 to a smaller frame for carry, they are fully modular. The serial number is attached to the trigger group not the frame like most handguns. You can swap it into any P320 frame, very neat.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Huie83

The P320 is a great choice. I've fired them a few times and a buddy of mine has owned one for years, nice guns. They also come in a carry platform. If you are thinking of carrying in the future, check that out. IMO, the regular P320 is way too bulky to conceal carry.

Cool thing is if you do get a full size P320, you can always swap out the trigger group in your P320 to a smaller frame for carry, they are fully modular. The serial number is attached to the trigger group not the frame like most handguns. You can swap it into any P320 frame, very neat.

Yes! That is a very cool thing from Sig. Was thinking of getting the Nitron Full size and buy the P320 carry module for $46. No need to buy another carry gun at all. That's one of the reasons I'm drooling over the P320. You get my thinking/reasoning.
thumbsup2.gif
I'm thinking of getting it now because they have a deal right now that when you buy from them, they give you $50 to use at their Sig shop. I also like that it comes with a cool "Sig" carrying case and a holster.

Originally Posted by Eosyn
Originally Posted by hatt
Dry firing at home is a great practice tool. You shouldn't let emotions guide your gun choices.

Yes, dry firing is great. I do it with my SR22 often. While it's true I shouldn't let emotions guide my gun choices, I'm looking at it as learning from others' mishaps.

I understand your thinking but imo, that isn't learning from others mistakes. It is just completely avoiding them and not doing what they should have done to begin with. Remember - gun safety starts and ends in between your ears. Gun safety is also layered and for good reason. The person you speak of broke multiple rules at one time and that is why someone got hurt. As long as you strictly adhear to ALL of the rules, pulling the trigger to disassemble isn't an issue. That being said, if the Glock doesn't trip your trigger then I get it.

I'd like to also submit the CZ P10c and 75 P01. The P10C is a Glock 19 sized gun and really, a sweet shooter. I owned one briefly but the mag release is placed is such a way that the meat around my thumb would hit the release and drop the mag during faster firing sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it too much as I have small but pretty muscled hands and no one has heard of it happening to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back