99 sierra 5.3 105 amp vs 130 amp alt

Trying to put a 130 in place of 105 truck threads say if the plug in is the same its a direct swap.I saw other threads saying you need a different belt cause of alternator housing dimensions but i dont know if it was my application.I have older 4 post plug both alts have the same plug the newer 2 plug trucks you cant switch due to settings in ecm.Can someone verify the 130 will direct fit i am not interested in changing anything i will just use the 105 which is whats on it.Thanks

Yep the 130a alt will fit but you will need a longer belt.

Ok so here is what I found out the 105 130 and 145 will all work as long as the plug ins are the same mine is a 4 pin.The housings are a little bigger the 105 takes a 92.3 in belt the bigger ones are 93 inches the shorter belt will work in most apps putting the belt on the alt pulley first then sliding it in the flat pulley makes it easier.I found a reman 130 amp on eBay for a song.I hope this helps someone.

Hmm, I would have rather spent the money on a new 105A alternator than a reman 130A and a new belt. Reman are a crapshoot, I'll only consider one if it has a lifetime warranty and can be exchanged at a local Autozone/etc.

I bought a 130 for 30 shipped on ebay will re use the same belt rock auto wanted 80 probably 50 to ship lol
You do need the longer belt according to all of my parts lookups. The 130 amp alternator is physically larger while using the same bracket. It pushes the pulley out just enough where the 105Amp belt will not work .

Back